Where to buy silencer?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by lpabsolute, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lpabsolute

    lpabsolute New Member

    I'm thinking about purchasing a Walther PPK and was wondering if i could get a silencer for it? Anyone know where i might be able to get one? Thanks....
  2. Dgunsmith

    Dgunsmith New Member


    www.subguns.com click on recommended dealers and then your state.

    You will have to replace the barrel with a longer, threaded one and I recommend a thread protector to use when the supressor is off to protect the barrel threads.

    Supressor is proper term...none of them are silent. Size matters..larger is quieter = capacity.:eek:

  3. lpabsolute

    lpabsolute New Member

  4. matt g

    matt g Guest

    Is Google down again?
  5. lmurtha1

    lmurtha1 New Member

    suppressors are nice but expensive. You will have to first pay a one time $200 dollar tax, then go through some minor paperwork, bring to local police station for fingerprinting and a few signatures. After a few months for the ATF to check your backround, you can then purchase the suppressor. The only thing is that you have to get it at a class 3 dealer. There are very few around in each state (they are not your local classic gun shop). suppressors are exactly what you pay for. If you are going to buy one, go expensive. AAC, gemtech, surfire are a few quality companies. a cheaper one is around $500 and an expensive is around $800. not much of a difference in price but quality for sure. There are many diff. sizes as well with suppressors. Bigger the more quite, but less accurate. who is going to shoot distance anyways with a suppressor right? I forgot to mention earlier, you may need to get a aftermarket barrel for you gun simply because it must be threaded. A company named Jarvis makes them for some guns. I own a AAC evo and it is absolutely perfect. Good luck!
  6. birgrunar

    birgrunar New Member

    Make your own ! Gun Silencer Manual available from BRS Custom Rifles. Gun Silencer for rifle and pistol.
  7. iluv2shoot2

    iluv2shoot2 New Member

    When I was a kid, I used to put a baby bottle nipple on the end of my .22, no wise cracks . That was so it woudn't spook the squirrels where I was hunting to bad. It was good for 3 or 4 shots.
  8. lonewolf101

    lonewolf101 New Member

    I dont if this true or not but a guy told me to get a 1 gallon plastic soda jug and rap duct tape to the barrel on a 22 and it sposed to make it quite.
  9. Wambli

    Wambli Well-Known Member


    HOSSFLY New Member

    It will a bit but since you cant use the sights what good wud it do :confused:
  11. JonM

    JonM Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

    if you do that without a serial number and 200$ tax stamp for it you run a serious risk of a trip to the federal pokey.

    for the OP i just got through purchasing and getting my first suppressor. i HIGHLY recomend consulting an attourney in your state that is familiar with NFA law and your state regulations.

    it can save you a lot of time and frustration and possible money because if you get denied for screwing up the paperwork your out the 200$ and get to try again.

    my lawyer got me all the info i needed got my trust setup for me correctly in accordance with wis law and my wait for approval was only 60 days. it pays to get it right the first time.
  12. c3shooter

    c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

    1. Jon is correct. Do NOT try to use "Legal Zoom" or other computer boiler-plate legal programs to set up a trust for an NFA weapon. Some folks did, was in the wrong format for that state. problems with the BATFE.

    2. Yes, it is possible (and legal if you do the paperwork FIRST) to make your own suppressor. Unless you are a skilled machinist, and have access to a lathe/ milling machine, it is a bit more complex than you might think.

    3. That 2 liter bottle does not work as well as you think- but it WILL get you 10 years in a Federal Pen and a $250,000 fine if you do not have a paper from the BATFE with a $200 stamp on it, and a SN on the pop bottle. Yes, I'm QUITE serious.

    4. While a can can be a lot of fun, if you are into .22's, first, go buy a box of CCI CB Longs, and a box of Aguilla Colibri, and try them out. Legal, quiet, cheap, no fingerprints to file, etc.
  13. Dillinger

    Dillinger New Member

    The OP was last active on 04-02-2010.

    I think it's safe to say this thread, as suspicious as it might have been, has officially gone the way of the Dodo and there is no sense in portraying us in a light that is, well, LESS THAN what our dogs think of us. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.