Where to buy handgun ammo online?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by TheDreadnought, Jul 24, 2014.

1. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought New Member

So, it's easy to find places that list ammo for sale. But if you start to dig into it, most of them charge outrageous rates for shipping, even if the list price of the ammo is reasonable.

I'm looking to buy

147gr 9mm FMJ
    147gr 9mm JHP
    .45 ACP JHP
    .22LR FMJ

Is there someplace online for any of these ammo types that you would recommend in terms of having ammo in stock, for a reasonable price, with reasonable shipping?

2. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Freedom munitions also try surplus ammo I have ordered from both new and reloads

3. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

4. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

5. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

6. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

I buy from slickguns.com. Great deals if you keep u eyes peeled.

7. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I buy my ammo from Freedom Munitions. You have to keep in mind that ammo is very heavy. Remember, they're shipping you lead and brass. That is not cheap to do. One case of 147 gr. 9mm weighs approx. 25 lbs. The days of $5 and $10 shipping are long gone with the price of gas being over $3/gallon.

8. 25-5

25-5 New Member

9. Gabill

Gabill New Member

Go to gunbot.net it has all the ammo dealers on it and price of ammo. You can set up by brand or by price when looking.

10. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo New Member

Hard to beat Walmart these days on most common ammo

11. bbertram

bbertram New Member

I have 500 rounds of 124 gr FMJ from Freedom Munitions arriving tomorrow. Shipping is $16 . That's Idaho to Michigan.
    :)
    Brent