Where to buy complete upper

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by minchia, Feb 27, 2012.

1. minchia

minchia New Member

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a 100% complete upper in 5.56. I'm trying to stay on a budget, so prob have to skimp out on chrome lined barrels...I'm looking for a 16" or 18" to mount to a stag lower...I'm not to particular to any brand, just something that's inexpensive, cost wise....
    Any help in sending me in the right direction would be appreciated...
    TIA

2. sn8ke

sn8ke New Member

Del-ton, spikes,stag,rock river just to name a few...

I can give you a better answer if you tell me your budget for the upper and. What your looking to do with your ar

3. minchia

minchia New Member

That would be helpful, wouldn't it!! Lol brain fart....
    Flat top upper, used for plinking at the range& varmints, I'd like to stay at $400 or below if possible.
    Thanks

4. sn8ke

sn8ke New Member

Well for that price range you have a few option might I suggest

A del-ton 16"barrel flatop preban
    Chrome Molly barrel with a 1.9 twist rate

For $400 plus shipping
    http://www.del-ton.com/AR_15_Barrel_Assembly_p/dt1007.htm

If you are willing to go the $500 or less option you will have a lot more options ie. Spikes stag rockriver etc..

Now I just did a quick Google search on the prices a more in depth search can yield you better prices I'm sure

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  5. sn8ke

sn8ke New Member

Also there are much cheaper brands but for reliability purposes I'd stick with something known and generally has a well review

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

7. sn8ke

sn8ke New Member

+1 also a good upper

8. X-mark

X-mark New Member

This is a little more than you want to spend, but it's a pretty decent deal on a basic Spike's with MOE Handguard. I have it for $540.95, but you can save an additional $60 by using coupon code (60off500) and free shipping.

[​IMG]

Click here for Spike's Upper!

After coupon price is pretty comparable to the Palmetto price, if you factor in the MOE handguards and ST-T2 buffer that comes with the Spike's. But, both are great uppers for the money and you would not go wrong with either. I will note that the PSA is midlength, whereas this Spike's is carbine length, so there is some value in the PSA upper due to this difference.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  9. minchia

minchia New Member

Just for giggles, what are these lesser cheaper known brands??

10. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Spike's overgasses their systems. That's why they supply a really heavy buffer. Lemme put it this way. I can use a h3 buffer with russian ammo with no signs of short stroking.

11. minchia

minchia New Member

So between del-ton, and PSA, which one would you guys choose and why?

12. Car54

Car54 New Member

I can't knock Del-Ton, I had one and it did everything I wanted it to do, the fit and finish was good. I sold it when I went to a LMT. Since then I have mix matched 4 rifles with PSA parts, uppers, and lowers, and everything has worked in those. If I had to choose between the two, I would go with the PSA.

13. sn8ke

sn8ke New Member

I approve the above statement.. Psa has better customer service also

14. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter