Where is the best place to buy range and carry ammo?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Bigjo23, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Bigjo23

Bigjo23 New Member

As a new shooter, I am looking for the MOST cost effective (cheapest) places online and elsewhere to buy ammo for the range and carry.
    Not really interested in buying bulk cases of ammo. What's in your carry mags?

btw I carry Glock 23 .40 SW

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I am in California and so I don't carry. A CCW is darn near impossible to get here.

As far as home defense and range ammo, I've used Lucky Gunner recently and am very impressed with their prices and their service. A number of the guys here use them as well.

I've received a thank you email after the order and they actually ask for feedback. I'm impressed.

Here's a link to check them out: Cheap Ammo For Sale | In Stock Ammunition For Sale

3. Ralphhster

Ralphhster New Member

www.ammunitiontogo.com----Good a place as any to go ! They carry many brands of both "carry" and "range" ammo. ,including a selection of ammo. that is normally for law enforcement only-------------

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  4. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Where ever they sell it.

6. Dgunsmith

Dgunsmith New Member

7. Bigjo23

Bigjo23 New Member

great responses,...thanks guys

8. utf59

utf59 New Member

In my area, it's Walmart hands down for practice ammo.

As to what's in my carry magazines, it's Winchester SXT 230-gr. standard velocity.

9. indyfan

indyfan New Member

Walmart for Range Ammo

Local gunshop for Defensive/Carry

I bought a box of 50 Gold Dot 9mm for 43.00 at my local gun shop/mil surplus

10. User Name

User Name New Member

Walmart for range, local gun shop for carry/defensive.

11. billt

billt New Member

+1,000 !

There is no where cheaper. Federal Champion 9 MM is now $10.47 a box, up from the $9.47 it sold for all of this past year. It still is cheaper per box of 50 at that price than anyone else is selling cases of 1,000 for. Bill T.

12. dennab

dennab New Member

reloads

I've always bought reloads at local gunshows - no issues...knock on wood...

13. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member

I just buy winchester white box range ammo at walmart. About 24 bucks for 100 rounds. My glock 19 has shot 1000's of these with not one misfire or failure to eject. For carry I use hollow points from sheel's