Where is the best place for a woman to conceal?

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by kitkat89, Mar 22, 2013.

1. kitkat89

kitkat89 New Member

Ok this is a weird question, but maybe someone can help me out. I asked my CPL teacher where the best place for a woman to conceal would be, and he said my purse. What I'm worried about is what if someone steals my purse? Wouldn't it be safer to have it on my body somewhere? Any suggestions?

2. kitkat89

kitkat89 New Member

I know this is more of a question for women, but with the clothing we usually wear it seems impossible lol especially in the summer!

3. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

It depends on the firearm you are carrying. My wife carries a Ruger LC9 which fits in her front pocket.

4. kitkat89

kitkat89 New Member

I will soon be carrying a Charter Arms .38 compact revolver

5. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Here's one possibility, available at sportsmansguide.com, called a flash bang holster for obvious reasons:

Attached Files:

6. tarbender

tarbender New Member

7. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

here's some ideas. I have to admit I like the looks of these (clears throat) holsters......

Attached Files:

8. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

511 also makes a shirt holster. If you are wearing pants, you can also carry on the hip. Lady LEOs do it all the time. Or, a fanny pack holster.

9. kitkat89

kitkat89 New Member

What about ankle holsters? I like the behind the back holster, but when I'm not wearing a loose shirt it might be hard to conceal. It seems I might have to change my dress code to accommodate a gun lol... Lordy Lordy!

10. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Ankle holster are good for a backup. I recommend against it. First, you need to bend down to get the gun. How long does that take? Then you need to look down and fumble with the holster, which means you take your eyes off the target. Then you have to raise the gun towards the target. You would not have a chance. Even someone with a knife would get to you way before you have the gun on target. I still think the hip IWB or OWB. Fastest way to get gun on target.

11. shouldazagged

shouldazagged New Member

I'm no firearms instructor, or even close. But I remember what an instructor asked a woman friend of mine years ago: "Will you have your purse in your hand or securely on your shoulder all the time?" Personally I'm a believer in the idea that if you carry concealed in public, the weapon should be on your person and accessible all the time.

I read a post somewhere from a guy whose wife had acquired a concealed-carry purse specifically designed to hold a gun. He expressed some discomfort, and she told him the shoulder strap contains a steel cable that an assailant couldn't cut. My first thought was that a large, strong attacker might injure her pretty badly tearing that steel-wired purse away from her.

I don't know how you normally dress, so I can't make specific recommendations, but I think the purse idea is not a good one.

12. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

kitkat, the best place to conceal a gun is at my house. ;)

Seriously though, I agree the purse leaves something to be desired -- I'd be paranoid about my gun in anything I carry. I think the small of the back is probably better than an ankle holster which most don't like in any case.

That said, maybe you need a gun-wearing wardrobe too as you indicate -- would that be such a bad excuse to go...

...shopping!?

13. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

well if you want to carry 24-7, imagine that leaves the swimming pool out of the question. I only carry certain times certain places. i'm not about to change my life to fit around 24/7 carry

14. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

Most people, men included, have to adjust their wardrobe to accomodate a concealed weapon. A belt holster is OK for a small snubbie, but wear a loose shirt, sweater, or blouse over it. If the weather will let you get away with it, a jacket will help cover it. An ankle holster would be OK when sitting in a car, but to try to walk with an ankle holster is uncomfortable, and the bulge at the bottom of the slacks may give you away. A fanny pack may work, although it can also arouse suspiscions in people who see it. An S.O.B. (small of back) holster is OK under a loose shirt or jacket, but it makes the gun a little harder to reach.
    Or you could move to an "open carry" state. :cool:

15. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

Jeez, nobody allowed this thread to degenerate into the obvious inappropriate answer to her question? ;)

I think the 3 best places to conceal carry on a woman (assuming you wear form fitting clothes) is the purse.....the 4:00 position of your back assuming you carry a small pistol and have a fairly loose top to drape over your pants.....or...if you are endowed.....that awesome bra holster!

16. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

always show respect to the ladies

always show EXTRA respect to ladies who carry!

17. nicklarimore

nicklarimore New Member

18. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

My wife carries in her purse. I hate it. But it is better than not carrying at all. She doesnt want the flash bang. She wears form fitting clothing. She thinks it would show. I told her she could hide a Desert Eagle with one of those. She laughed but still wont buy one. My wife is well endowed in deed. It was difficult to look her in the eye while we were dating. But I did my best. LOL.

19. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

Now, I insist on pics Rick ;)

lol jesus what is wrong with me? I am married to the woman of my dreams....happily at 30 with a beautiful kid and another on the way and the very THOUGHT of boobs still sends me into a high school frenzy.

Think about guns....think about guns....THATS NOT HELPING!

20. kitkat89

kitkat89 New Member

I actually do live in an open carry state (michigan) but for me being a young lady and not very big, I feel showing that I have a gun would make me more of a target than a threat to the criminal. How easy would it be for the criminal to over power me before I even realize he is a threat. I am referring to a robbery in this situation.