Where has it all gone????

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Phelenwolf, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

I have been looking for some surplus 7.62x51 NATO ammo and have noticed that all surplus ammo had dissappeared. Less then 6-8 months ago you could find it everywhere.

What had happend to it all??? Anyone??

You can find AR or AK surplus ammo all over yet not one site has battle packs of 7.62 anymore. I have about 3k rds but would like to have some more so I can take out my Cetme, FAL, M1A1, etc and have a good day at the range.

Does anyone know where to look for any?

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Might want to check the Social Security Administration, DHS, National Weather Service, and a few others.:(

3. satajet

satajet New Member

Some believe that many outlets who sell ammo are cutting back on stores of bullets to 1.keep control of background overhead and 2 drive up costs and sales...the law of supply and demand. Here in my neck of the woods there is no shortage of long gun ammo,but a lot of holes on the shelf at the other end. Make one stop and scratch their head and say "huh"! Dun'nit.
    Satajet.

4. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I saw a whole spam can the other day, maybe a few of them. Just can't remember the store.

5. satajet

satajet New Member

There you have it! So long as spam can still be had then were good. there is so much nutritional value in that mainstay that mre's are redundant. The fact that the markup on spam is in line with gold means nothing... The only variety thats hard to find is bacon impregnated ... Ps. Reguardless of popular opinion...dont forget to rotate!

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Just a few years ago Portugese, South African, DAG (West German, Berdan) and Radway Green (British) were plentiful and very cheap. The European supplies seem to have dried up. I don't know if we finally cleaned them out or if they have just slowed down on export. The South African stuff (primo) has all but disappeared as the UN has embargoed their exports as they were allegedly selling to unstable African areas. I guess the UN now considers exporting to the US just as immoral as to the African countries. Africa is in a perpetual state of flux with the old governments soon to be replaced by the new governments, and on and on. Perhaps the UN has similar expectations for us?

7. satajet

satajet New Member

Thats a thought...OR...POTUS is gonna have a special plate dinner for those who love butter, guns...Thats it spammers...

8. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

Has anyone tried the Wolf .308 ammo??

I have some South Africian and some of the German battle packs. Just looking for some more.

As for the UN, WHO knows what is going through there minds. Especially when looking at the US. There alot of people out there that would love to see a unarmed US, especially with all the marksmen when have.

I even read on an other forum that the US Government "DHS" is purchasing up all the 7.62 NATO surplus ammo to keep out of our hands. How true that is I do not know. You all know how the internet can be.

9. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Obama...

Or, rather, fear of an Obama second term.

10. satajet

satajet New Member

Phelenwolf, there "could be" some truth to the story as the report was printed up in a fairly reliable mag called "The Week" which gathers up stories from news outlets from around the globe...still the implications are curious. makes one wonder what the government isnt disclosing... Satajet.

11. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I hear pretty good things about the steel cased .308 in roller locked rifles (HK/CETME). You just hve to clean the chamber well.

URBAN LEGEND. Some people have nothing better to do than make up conspiratorial BULL $HIT!!! (Alex Jones)

12. satajet

satajet New Member

This is a hot topic for some and others find it too fantastic to be true... Nevertheless it is worth our scrutiny. Being caught off guard is never a good place to be. Men conspire this much is true. Some folk sit back in disbelief .This also is true...myself, i believe both and prepare for both because i will never allow either to dictate the future hope of those things i hold dear. Satajet.

13. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

You said a mouth full here. You are correct, the way things are headed I wonder if we as a nation will ever be able to turn things around.

I can remember opening up a Shotgun news and see pages and pages of ads just for ammo. You never had to do with out. Then all of a sudden Obama gets elected and everything starts to dry up. What gives?

I have noticed one other thing in the past 6-8 months, there has been a huge increase on surival publications or on shows like Best Defense.

14. satajet

satajet New Member

These issues of survival stashing,and endday prepperations are cyclical...one good news story sends some folk into a tailspin. Its just good common sense to be ready to survive or at least get by in a given situation. If you have all the staples at hand then you have time to focus on other things that will test your resolve. Like people who sat back on their @sses and didnt take time to pull their proverbial heads out. Satajet.

15. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

The Silver Bear .308 is excellent.

16. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

My LGS has 65 round bundles of 7.62x51 battle packs in bandoleers. It's British made or like $30

17. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

It would be nice to find some British 7.62 NATO.

I was even looking for some 8mm Mauser for my German/Yugo K98's and that is getting hard to find.

18. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

It's in North Alabama, just incase you are near here.

19. satajet

satajet New Member

Thats one good reason to own a more popular chamber. The more obscure your weapon of choice the harder it can be to supply . But not in every case, to be sure.

20. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

The best surplus 7.62 that I've found has been the Portugese and the South African.

Unfortunately, the supply has "dried up.":(

Fortunately, I stocked up on several thousand rounds when it was cheap and readily available.:D