Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys as some of you know I am in the market for my first carry gun. I literally have looked at a ton of guns over the past week, somehow I have just totally not even thought about where I will carry. Where do you all carry? Not like where around town like where on you.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
i carry every where im legally allowed in the state and every time i leave my house, and i do it using diffrent holsters depending on the weather and the clothes im going to wear.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have two different places I carry either IWB on my Right Hip or in my Right Front Pocket both my Ruger LC9 and my SIG P238 fit both.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
marc29th said:
I have two different places I carry either IWB on my Right Hip or in my Right Front Pocket both my Ruger LC9 and my SIG P238 fit both.
IWB? Sorry I'm new to the forum lol

·
Registered
667 Posts
Before you buy a gun to carry make sure that there are good holster options for it. That is almost as important as how the gun feels on your hand.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I usually carry at 3 o'clock IWB, but I've been trying 5 o'clock. It feels alot better and conceals better too. I carry a G35 .40 cal.

·
Registered
55 Posts
marc29th you are correct on the holster if it don't fit your body you won't want to carry.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Here are a couple different set ups that I use

My LC9 in a DeSantis pocket holster

ForumRunner_20130123_211626.jpg

LC9 in a kydex holster

ForumRunner_20130123_211725.jpg

SIG Sauer P238 in a Nate^2 tactical holster

ForumRunner_20130123_211827.jpg

And finally a Foxx Hybrid Holster for my S&WM&P M&P Shield

ForumRunner_20130123_212008.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Front right pocket, daily outside of work. At work, one in car glovebox and one in right jacket pocket in locker.

Have tried belly bands, ankle holster, IWB, OWB, and pocket. Of them pocket was the only I could stand that want so absurdly uncomfortable and skin breaking.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks a bunch everyone! The pocket holster would be ideal, I can see how IWB and 4 or 5 would be great to as it would be easier to conceal. Who would have ever thought needed bigger pants lol. Thinking of the IWB makes me really want to find something more narrow.

·
Registered
127 Posts
OUDAN said:
Thanks a bunch everyone! The pocket holster would be ideal, I can see how IWB and 4 or 5 would be great to as it would be easier to conceal. Who would have ever thought needed bigger pants lol. Thinking of the IWB makes me really want to find something more narrow.
I nor my dad bought bigger pants, I doesn't take up that much room.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts