Where does all the electronic stuff come from?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Vincine, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Vincine

Vincine New Member

For your files:

Foxconn Technology Group is the world's largest maker of electronic components including printed circuit boards. Foxconn has 920,000 employees worldwide. It is the largest private manufacturer and exporter in China. Foxconn manufactures iPhones, iPads, PlayStations, Wiis, Amazon Kindles, among other things. One of its facilities in China, “Foxconn City”, has 490,000 employees. (How many people in your town?) The cafeterias seat 4,000 people at a time and have several seatings. There are 20 of them at that plant.

Just felt like sharing.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  2. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Yeah...our technology combined with their near free labor...I'm so glad we've allowed that to happen.

3. Sarge22

Sarge22 New Member

They're not really employees, so much as slave labor. Most of their labor is "contracted" from the state prison system. And in a country with where there is no human rights and massive corruption, I wonder if "the crime rate" goes up whenever someone needs more employees?

4. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I heard that story too Vincine. I thought that it was quite interesting that some of the folks who work 16+ hour shifts were 12 year olds. Good old Apple manages to "not know" about that kind of stuff. While the reporter was at the factory, posing as a buyer, one of the wokers died after a 36 hour shift; no breaks. The company expects 60 minutes of production in every hour.

The on-site "dorms" were 12 x 12 rooms with 16 beds. The halls and dorms are all covered by cameras who watch over the workers 24 hours a day. All workers are monitored by "watchers" for efficiency, and the "watchers" are watched by other "watchers". The reporter noted how quite is was on the massive factory floors with tens of thousands of workers hard at it, until he found out the workers were strictly forbidden to talk during their shifts.

Foxconn makes most of the electronic brands we all know and love.

5. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Some may be, but way more of their labor are/were poor farm pheasants before working in the factories. They’re been moving from an agrarian society into an industrial one over the past 50 years.

Just like we did in the late 19th & early 20th century.

6. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

If it is the case that most of the workers are prisioners, then there are 12, 13 and 14 year old prisioners working the slave hours and for slave wages.

This is where all of the American jobs have gone, and what they have gone to.

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Br7fWxnB8o]Sixteen Tons- Tennessee Ernie Ford - YouTube[/ame]

8. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Yeah, it wasn't pretty here before child labor laws either.​

9. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Couple that "slave labor" with the technology they have stolen from us, and it makes it very difficult to compete with them. My company has taken one of our product lines away from our manufacturing division because it is LITERALLY less expensive for us to have the EXACT same thing made over there, and then ship it over here to be stocked and sold.

I feel this type of practice is one of the greatest threats we face as a nation today.