Where do you buy?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by BullseyePrecision, Jan 16, 2012.

1. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

Where does everyone buy their guns? Do you use an online site or gun to local shops

2. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I prefer to buy guns face to face, why pay for shipping if i dont have too. Ive bought firearm accessories online but never a firearm itself. I buy mostly from a local store in my hometown but i have bought from other people too.

3. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

I've never bought anything from a online site .I have a few local shops I buy from and one in particular .

4. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

From other people mostly.... The type of guns I like are rarely in stores... Although theres a awesome local store that has all kinds of old guns... I got my Arisaka there..

5. unclebear

unclebear New Member

6. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Buy most of my stuff here in town. Don't buy much off the internet.

Wild Sports

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  7. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

In Calif all gun transactions need to be done at a licensed dealer, which means sporting goods or gun shop. Even sales between ordinary joes have to be registered at a gun shop.

Ammo you can still order over the internet or by catalog.

So I get my ammo by calling on the phone and ordering through their internet catalogs. Cabela's is my favorite source. They normally have a wide selection in stock.

Gun shops are normally not a great source of ammo. Their supplies are usually limited.

8. pfev1980

pfev1980 New Member

I usually buy on base. We basically get wholesale pricing if it's in stock and no tax. If you need a special order though, you may pay retail, still no tax. Only downside is if it's a special order it may take a while to get...I.e. a friends desert eagle that took 6 weeks to come in. Also if its a limited run (such as the beretta anniversary edition I had my heart set on) they probably can't get it.

9. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

Anyone ever try budsgunshop its online and they usually have free shipping

10. orangello

orangello New Member

I have bought ammo online and caplock/muzzleloading weapons online, but i have yet to order a modern firearm online. My nephew and a few of my friends have had smooth online orders; it seems to revolve around finding a friendly local FFL to accept the shipment from the online retailer.

I haven't heard anything bad about Bud's. They do have a good number of descriptions and pictures for research, and the prices usually seem competitive.

I have also heard good about J&G Sales, CDNN, and Classicarms.us (nephew got his lil WASR10 there).

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

I was using a local dealer near me but they have really jacked their prices at the first of the year. 1000$ for a 5.25 xdm 45 is a little crazy.

Im switching to online buys and using my sot dealer btk firearms over in hartland wis. He is a great guy to deal with and puts up with me calling him about my xfers ;)

12. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Never bought online. Have bought a few at the box stores in the past. Lately it has been a LGS, second hand store that deals in guns and a couple from a close by gun show that runs a few times per year. I am finding that the best deals are to be had at the LGS. Maybe not on the first couple but if you build a history, the deals will come.

13. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Do my best to buy from my friend & local dealer BUT at times price is a issue :(
    My local understands this & has even praised me for finding a "bargian" online when he accepts it when shipped to him :)

14. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

Buy mostly local, at the small mom and pop dealers. Have bought a gun or two off GunBroker, in the case of guns that are hard to get or find.

15. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

I've used buds and cheaper than dirt. Both shipped fast, and had great prices which could'nt be beat locally.

16. prickelsworth

prickelsworth New Member

Anyone have a good laser for melinium pro m111 9mm??

17. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I prefer to buy from local businesses, even if it means paying a bit more. You never know when you might need some help. I do buy on-line from Davidson's but those sales go to local businesses also.

18. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Definitely local shops because i dont like to wait. I prefer buying face to face.

19. hmh

hmh New Member

Local for guns we have several very good gun shops that you cannot beat there price online for guns. Accessories where I can find them cheaper.

20. nccinstaller

nccinstaller New Member

I prefer buying locally. I would rather pay a few bucks and have someone to go if i have a problem. I have a store i buy most everything from and i usually cant find a better online anyway