Where Do I Look

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by bigtiller, Nov 15, 2010.

1. bigtiller

bigtiller New Member

I am trying to find out if states between Iowa and Arizona will honor my CCW permit. I hope to get one in January when the law changes from a "may issue" state to a "shall issue" state. I figured a good way to start would be to see if Iowa honored other states. So I got on the Iowa legislature web site and have been reading the code 724 about weapons and I can't find a word about it. I was told by a cop that Iowa will honor others but I want to see it in print.

Where do I look?

2. Neophyte1

Neophyte1 New Member

3. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

http://www.dps.state.ia.us/asd/weapons/wbrochure.pdf

page one, bottom right corner.

NO GO

always check the information published by the state in question. Relying on third party info could be hazardous to your legal standing.

4. camiller

camiller New Member

It's a shame that "S. 845: Respecting States Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2009" never got any traction.

5. DiabloMan

DiabloMan New Member

Where do I, look?

Does anybody know where I can find out what I can do in the event of home invasion? I live in communist ohio and can't get a straight answer. The state attorney general says the state is the one to determine if a shoot no shoot event occurred. Any ideas? I was going to get my CCW, but I read Canebrakes thread and changed my mind. Local sheriff "no comment".

6. surgicaltech

surgicaltech New Member

7. camiller

camiller New Member

I was just digging around in Nebraska's laws on CCW and found an interesting blurb suggesting that On Jan 1, 2011 Iowa will start respecting other states permits (or at least Nebraska permits).

http://statepatrol.nebraska.gov/docs/CCWNebraskaReciprocity.pdf

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  8. bigtiller

bigtiller New Member

Thanks, lots of reading there!:)