Where did you first carry?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Kamauhotep, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Kamauhotep

Kamauhotep New Member

When you first received your CCW (and I'm sure you were just as thrilled as me). Where did you first go with your new weight?

Guns don't kill people, bullets do.

2. phburks

phburks New Member

The first place I took mine was to Walmart while doing some midnight Black Friday shopping. Tried to not stay longer than needed because some people are crazy that time of year.

3. Kamauhotep

Kamauhotep New Member

I went to Kroger. I didn't really need anything. I just wanted to walk around freely with my extra weight just because. It took 8 weeks to get my ccw so when it came I took the first opportunity to use it.

4. TimKS

TimKS Active Member Lifetime Supporter

THAT is commonly know as the Wally-walk. :D Everyone need to find out that you can carry a gun without it being noticed. ;)

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

Pretty much. Mine prints like the new york times, but people are so oblivious that no one notices. My first civilian place was walmart.

6. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Mine too, but since open carry is legal here in indiana i really dont care if i print. I just pull my tshirt over it and go. I first carried in walmart after i got my permit.

7. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

I too went to Kroger; I think I was buying baby formula. Seems I have been doing that a lot this past year.

8. phburks

phburks New Member

My snubnose .357 magnum conceals so well even I forget its there sometimes lol. My XD subcompact prints with some of my shirts but its not too "in-your-face".

9. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Lol. That must be the "universal walk" for newbie ccw holders... I must admit, im guilty of that walk myself. Haha

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

Mine is so "in your face" I might as well open carry. But like I said, people are oblivious.

11. phburks

phburks New Member

Indeed they are. Even my closest friends were surprised when they found out I carry. Some of them STILL dont know. They are the ones I spend the most time with so if they haven't noticed then its doubtful anyone else will, unless they're actually looking for it.

12. H2oWerker

H2oWerker New Member

My first outting was to Home Depot for some miscellaneous bits, and over to a gas station. If I'd been needing food I would've gone to the grocery store, and if it were fishing season Gander Mountain...

I think people just go run whatever errand seems the easiest.

13. cfraga1978

cfraga1978 New Member

I can't remember I carried at the age of 17 I was working at a gunsmith shop (company policy everyone carried at work) witch turned into me going everywhere with a ccw without a ccp. Wrong I know but like my old boss told me if you carry right no one will know you have a gun and don't ever give the police a reason to search you. This led me to be a law abiding teen I even drove the speed limit. I still carry to this day 17 years later. I do have a ccp now.

14. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Same here, just so happen i needed some stuff so i figured why not:)

15. Kamauhotep

Kamauhotep New Member

Lol. Same here. My baby girl is 2 weeks old. This is our first. I've too have been buying lots of formula and diapers and wipes and the list goes on. Not much ammo though.

16. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

17. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

Mather AFB Officers Club. 1968

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  18. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

APPLEBEES! Then my wife at the table asked, "since our waiter is a douche and he's not giving very good service, can't you just put your gun on the table to sway him for better service?" I replied, "it doesn't quite work that way......" It was pretty funny at the time and obviously she was joking.....
    And I don't know why I quoted you....haha I'm tired!

19. levelcross

levelcross New Member

The local NAPA store and Wally World, like many have said people are so oblivious to their surroundings no one ever took a second look.