Where did I put that Duct Tape?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Shihan, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Had a little problem with the water filter for the house. I went to change the filter, when I tried to open the flush valve it wouldn't turn easily, so I decided to give it a little extra elbow torque.:eek: That was a mistake.:eek:
    I turned a little too much and SNAP!, it broke off.

Now there is a hole in the bottom of my filter housing and I have nothing to fix it with and I can't get to the hardware store until tomorrow. But, I need water tonight.

How did I fix it you may wonder.
    Well, You might be a redneck if...
    You use SuperGlue and a nickel to plug a hole.:cool:

Attached Files:

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

That lasted a few hours, enough time for the family to take their showers and stuff.
    Then the pressure went away. Uh Oh.:(

Now I have to figure something else out. I look around for something and can't find anything. I sit and think.:confused: What Can I do? Well, if a nickel SuperGlued to the out side of the nipple didn't hold, why not take a Dime and Glue it inside of the fitting so the pressure can push the coin off. Red Neck ingenuity. It should hold until tomorrow when I can go get a replacement filter housing.:D

Attached Files:

3. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Pure Genius, right there Shi! :cool:

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I am very impressed. I much prefer Super Glue over duct tape for most of my home repairs. I think it's good for our minds to think creatively like that and solve problems with almost no resources. I'm very impressed, indeed. :)

5. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

And, Kudos for having $.15 left in this economy!:D

6. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

It would have been a better repair with a buffalo nickel and mercury dime.

7. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Shihan go to a store that sells air brake parts. They should have a fitting that will work. Oh and pipe dope is your friend.

8. freefall

freefall New Member

Should have tried Mighty Putty.;)