Where can I get a shotgun pistol grip that DOES NOT come down at 90 degrees?

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by Twisted4000, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Twisted4000

Twisted4000 New Member

My Mossberg 500 came with a pistol grip to attach, and I tried shooting it and long story short it's uncomfortable to me. I want a pistol grip that's shaped like the stock grip but without the stock, know what I mean?

Like picture the stock grip in your mind, the handle curves downward a bit, then the stock comes out. I want that, without the stock. Know what I mean? It's just a lot more comfortable and it feels more balanced to me, I just can't find them anywhere. What are they called?

If no one sells them, could I just get another stock grip and saw off the stock myself? I could, but the screw bolt would stick out... help, thanks.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Take a look at a pachmayr grip. It's shaped like a revolver grip. That's the closest I can think of to what you're looking for.

3. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Jesus christ.....

the carpenters son.... Make your own......Or modify something you see in one stock and want in the other as you stated.....Draw a picture of what you want and post it... and work it from there.....;)

4. Twisted4000

Twisted4000 New Member

Thanks, that's not exactly what I'm looking for, but thanks.

5. Twisted4000

Twisted4000 New Member

Alright, you wanted a picture, here it is. I photoshopped a picture I took of my gun with the stock.

http://megaflash.weebly.com/uploads/3/2/0/7/320787/untitled-1.jpg

That's what I'm looking for. If I can't buy one anywhere, I'd be more than happy to purchase another stock grip and saw it down, but won't the bolt screw stick out?

6. Texanbybirth

Texanbybirth New Member

Have you seen the Hogue Tamer. It's overmolded with a soft, tacky, rubber. It has slightly more angle than a stock grip.

[​IMG]

7. Twisted4000

Twisted4000 New Member

I've seen those, thanks for the reply, but what I'm looking for is a straight-forward stock grip that's been sawed off so it's only a handle - manufactured that way.

I'm pretty sure they don't exist, and I'd have to do it myself. :/