Where can I get a mil. spec sight/ scope

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by Sloth88, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Sloth88

Sloth88 New Member

Ive been looking into getting a scope of some sort for my ar15. Theres alot to choose from i've noticed and im deffidently not gonna spend more on a sight than I did on the entire rifle. Anybody have any good experience with the cheapys on the market? I dont care if it's a scope, red dot or anything else along those lines

Or what about a mil. spec. sight, there probably pretty expensive huh?

Note; im not a cheap *** like this thread makes me sound I just want a good deal and ain't got alot of money to play with right now

2. mrb1982

mrb1982 New Member

I don't know if this falls would work well on your AR or not, but I just bought a Mil-Dot Vortex Crossfire for $111 after shipping from SWFA. I haven't got to shoot it yet, but at first glance, the glass looks really clear and and pretty descent for what I paid for it. It's everything I would ever need. Not sure how the durability will hold up on it as I'm shooting it on a 7mm Rem Mag, but would probably great for an AR

3. Sloth88

Sloth88 New Member

Right on. Sometimes looks can be decieving though lol. Let me know how it works, and do you have a link to the site?

4. swissk31

swissk31 New Member

I got a eotech on my Ar-15 that I picked up for a little more than 300.00. So far I like it. The reason I picked it over the aimpoint was that I didn't have to buy a mount for it. I looked at the strike fire it looks good but I didn't like the controls on it.

5. Sloth88

Sloth88 New Member

Thats alittle high for me right now

6. mrb1982

mrb1982 New Member

http://swfa.com/Vortex-6-24x50-Crossfire-Rifle-Scope-P43585.aspx

Like I said, don't know how durable this thing will be with my large bore gun, but for $100 and an unlimited warranty, it doesn't hurt to give it a whirl.

If your AR is a 223, I think it would work great for you.

7. Sloth88

Sloth88 New Member

Cool man, thanks. yeah its chambered in .223/ 5.56. I'll look into it alittle more and decide shortly, hopefully lol