Where can i buy one?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by cecasejr, Apr 28, 2013.

1. cecasejr

cecasejr New Member

Any decent AR15's for about $750-$850 available? Gander Mountain carries a DPMS Panther Arms for $750 but is has been sold out forever. Any ideas?

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

Check our forum vendors. I believe westfork just got some ar15 in.

4. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

5. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

At that price point?

1) Start eyeing a build through PSA
    2a) Watch... online for S&W M&P deals
    2b) ...online DelTon deals
    2c) ...online Doublestar deals

These products will be available, and increasingly so. And they'll sell out fast when available. Do a bit of research and get on some email alert lists.

DPMS is not as bad as some will tell you. Their $750 guns are quite solid in fact. But many buy them, and then spend several hundred$ upgrading before even addressing mags/ammo/optics costs...so depending on what you're after, you may be upgradring a $750 rifle instead of spending the same $ on a higher demand gun that has what you desire right out of the gate. Basically a lot of people go about this project backwards and ultimately lose a couple hundred bucks in the process.

The point is not that you should buy this or shouldn't buy that. The point is- do your research and understand what you expect to have at the end of your investment. And if you're going in with a limited understanding of the platform/market, that can be a tall order. And that only calls for more research, which can actually be fun.

6. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Academy Sports and Outdoors

7. cecasejr

cecasejr New Member

Thanks got all of the knowledgable replies. I decided to buy one today. I found a Smith & Wesson M&P 15. Any opinions on this weapon?

8. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Very well made guns. I wouldn't trade mine for any other AR.

It's a Smith&Wesson, what else is there to say??