When you're gone

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by FearTheFree7, Nov 5, 2012.

1. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

When you pass on after life, anyone planning on being buried"if you choose to be instead of cremation" with your favorite firearm? My buddy and I were discussing this the other day and both agreed we would like to be buried with our 1911's on our side. Anyone else have any plans like this?

2. tri70

tri70 New Member

Only if I had no one to leave to and I feared they would be destroyed if not with me. I would want someone to enjoy my favorite gun as much as I did. Maybe have an album and journal.

3. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I certainly would not like to remove my 1911 from the pool of gun folks. I hope that one of my family members would like to keep it, use it, and then pass it on again. The 1911 isn't like a family dog, they will outlive all of us.

4. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

my vote is for a small book, filled with photos, specs of all my firearms. perhaps, a few hunting stories ive told added.. id hope my wife, kids, or someone would be happy shooting my guns knowing they were mine, well cared for, accurate... and will be for them as well.

5. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I don't ant to be buried with my guns. They would eventually be stolen, or they would rust/decay into nothing.
    My guns will be passed along to my family. The ones that are centimental will be passed down wih a note saying if they sell it, I will haunt them until the day they die. :D

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Cremation for me , My kids have alrady taken claim to what guns are they want . The only problem will be the NFA items I have as they are in my name and not in a trust. Guess those could be sold to a class 3 for mega $$$$ :)

7. AsSeenOnTV

AsSeenOnTV New Member

More than likely the mortician or the ones who cover you up and replant the grass would end up with the gun. I guess Id chose to let my family have them and do with whatever they want with them. I wanna be turned into chum and dumped in the cook inlet. save the money for the funeral and casket.

8. racer_x

racer_x New Member

Ashes to ashes dust to dust me an mine know dad just has to go back to the ocean.My guns will be passed down as the ones were passed to me +some all i ask them to do is add to the collection!!

9. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Get cremated with a loaded gun and go out with several bangs.

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

The kids, grandkids, and great grandkids will have the guns. Havoc, you DO know that a class III item can be transferred in an inheritance with no transfer tax?

Me- I have directed that after they harvest whatever organs can help someone along, I am to be cremated.

My ashes are to be used to poison the wells of my enemies.

11. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I will be buried with 20 pieces of gold, and my slaves to assist me through the river Styxx, and accompany me in the next life.

12. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

I will most certainly pass all my other guns down to my kids/grand kids. But my first 1911 I would like to be with me packed with tons of grease ;-) I assume I will have more than my current and first 1911 as I am only 23 years old right now. And possibly my opinion might change when I reach my more mature years :)

13. paintsplat

paintsplat New Member

My daughters are already asking for what firearms they want, I will give the firearms to who I want to have them before I pass, and no fighting after I go, or Ill come back and take them back. As far as cremation or burial, I told the wife, after Im dead, she could dig a hole in the back yard and plant me for all I care, just wait till Im dead. :)

14. racer_x

racer_x New Member

Somthing along those lines gata pay the boat man

15. PC167

PC167 New Member

I'll pass my guns down to my children, so they can enjoy them... :-D

16. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

If I have no children all my custom builts go into a gunsmith list and it will be donated to Bass Pro Shops. I want to be thrown in a lake fpr catfish bait.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  17. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I am going to have a picture made with my guns my horse and dog. I am going to look real BA. I plan to tell my grand kids I was the most feared gunman, U.S. Marshall and Texas Ranger in America.

Yep, I will become the family legend. When my grandson is an old man he can set in the bar drinking beer. He can bore all his friends by, "Say did I ever tell you about my Ole Gran Dad"?:rolleyes:

18. opaww

opaww New Member

I want to be BBQ'ed and the ashes scattered every where, or just roll me in the gutter and walk on by. Just as long as I am not stuck in a hole and dirt thrown on my face

19. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I wouldn't want to buried with a gun. I'd like to buried a baseball in my right hand, and a Lynyrd Skynyrd CD in my left.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  20. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

To be buried with a gun would be a waste. I want to be buried with a copy of the constitution, if they exist in the future.