when you carry where do you carry your other items?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by guthy125, Jan 18, 2013.

1. guthy125

guthy125 New Member

Like you phone, knife(s), keys and other misc items. I've been trying to get used to carrying my phone on my left side but it keeps falling out, luckily I have a case on it. When I had it on my right side it never fell. I'm only practicing in your preparation of getting my concealed license. Money issues I have to wait to pay for the actual license.

2. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

I appendix carry @ 12:30 So it doesn't affect anything else really . I carry knives and cell phone in front pockets wallet in the back .

Although my phone takes up an entires pocket itself seeing it is a Samsung Galaxy Note II it has a 5.5" screen .

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Same place i always have-
    Mabe i really don't understand what exactly your asking -

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

IWB appendix carry. Cell phone in left front pocket or left front jacket pocket. Knife is clipped in the right front pocket. Wallet left rear pocket, handkerchief in left rear pocket. If you're having problems, maybe you're carrying too much stuff. ;)

5. guthy125

guthy125 New Member

I carry my phone in case with the belt clip. Since I'm right handed ill be carrying on my right side but now that I keep my phone on my left side in preparation it keeps falling out. It never fell out on my right side.

6. guthy125

guthy125 New Member

Maybe I should have just asked where everyone carries they're phone. I only carry knife, keys on belt clip, wallet in rear and phone on my hip

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I just slip my iPhone in my back pocket-

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I am left handed. I carry my phone on my right side no matter what gun I am carrying. I just wanted to get used to it that way. I have been doing it for 5 years now. It is just normal for me to grab it with my right hand now. I carry my car keys in my right front pocket. The reason for this is because I sometimes pocket carry a 9mm Kahr in my left front pocket. I hope this answers your question.

9. slwarren

slwarren New Member

What position are you carrying? This has a lot to do with where stuff gets moved. I carry at about 4 o'clock. My wallet is harder to get out sometimes, but it doesn't usually affect my phone in my right front pocket. You could also try some cargo pants or tactical style pants, they usually have more pockets.

10. THEMENACE

THEMENACE New Member

When I buy iwb jeans, which are a size to big to accomodate the gun, I noticed the pockets are larger as well...and maybe those bigger pockets will work for your phone. U have had luck with pocket + cell phone in peter box. Just don't put it in your back pocket if you are a fatty like me.....

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

I used to smoke, which means more items in the pockets. I gave that up.

Gun on right hip, phone has moved to left pocket. Keys hang from my watch pocket.

12. truevil1313

truevil1313 New Member

I carry appendix(12:30) position. Keys and wallet in the front right pocket, knife clipped to the front right pocket. Cigarettes and Zippo in my front left pocket. Phone goes in either rear pocket, and spare mag is on my left side clipped to my belt(7-8 position).
    I too carried my phone on the right side of my belt before I got my CHL(16 years ago). I moved it to my left side, and carried there for years. The recently I got a new phone which is the biggest I have ever had(Samsung Galaxie S III) and it just didnt work on my belt at all. So now I am getting used to it in a rear pocket. Try different carry methods for your phone, you will find something you can live with, and in a few months it will be no big deal.

13. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Recently changed my arrangement. My wallet is my cell phone case. So...

Cell phone and wallet in front left
    Carry piece front right
    Knife rear left
    Keys rear right

If I have a jacket on the keys go there instead.