Firearms Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to write a letter to each of my state government representatives, and to my representatives in Washington.

as I started to brainstorm on things to say, I started to wonder...how detailed should I get? should I try to point out the flaws in the logic of the pro-gun control crowd? such as, "a magazine ban has no effect, because a "bad guy" will just carry more magazines, and anyone with a little bit of practice can change a magazine in less than a second"

Or should I fear that pointing this out to them simply gives them the idea to then try to limit how many magazines one person can own, or require every weapon to have a "fixed" magazine that needs a tool to be removed, like the "bullet buttons" on the California ARs?

What are the points that you would make to your congressmen?

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
IMHO, keep it simple and concise. Just make it clear that you will not tolerate any further attacks on the 2nd Amendment. Use spell check.

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
I'm going to write a letter to each of my state government representatives, and to my representatives in Washington.

as I started to brainstorm on things to say, I started to wonder...how detailed should I get? should I try to point out the flaws in the logic of the pro-gun control crowd? such as, "a magazine ban has no effect, because a "bad guy" will just carry more magazines, and anyone with a little bit of practice can change a magazine in less than a second"

Or should I fear that pointing this out to them simply gives them the idea to then try to limit how many magazines one person can own, or require every weapon to have a "fixed" magazine that needs a tool to be removed, like the "bullet buttons" on the California ARs?

What are the points that you would make to your congressmen?
1/2 page, double spaced, typed, hand signed, and EXTREMELY polite, but firm is perfect.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
And if they're anti-gun, keep the letter very polite.. But rest your balls on it for a few minutes before you send it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mosin said:
And if they're anti-gun, keep the letter very polite.. But rest your balls on it for a few minutes before you send it.

I almost spit dr. Pepper all over my phone when I read that. lol

·
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
2,627 Posts
robocop10mm said:
IMHO, keep it simple and concise. Just make it clear that you will not tolerate any further attacks on the 2nd Amendment. Use spell check.
I agree, this is the only way to win. Tell them that if this ban passes the gun owners of America will not follow it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts