when was my mauser made

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by BRAD313, Jul 11, 2012.

1. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

I can't find any thing on my mauser to tell when it was made its had some work done it was rechamber for a 308 norma mag. Any info or pics of were markings would be nice

2. W. C. Quantrill

W. C. Quantrill New Member

Mauser is a pretty big name. How about a picture and a model number then you can track the serial number.

3. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

I'll post a pick when I get home its was a 8mm Israeli

4. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

Sory about the lighting

Attached Files:

5. huffmanite

huffmanite New Member

Ever had the scope mount off? Good chance there is probably a year stamped on it hidden by the front mount.

6. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

Nope just got it

7. marine04

marine04 New Member

First off that is a sweet lookin rifle. Very nice looks like the wood stock is new. Second you can get the serial numbers off and look it up on website and someone will email you the info. I had to do that for a rifle that my grandfather had and turned out the rifle was actually made for and issued to the British army during ww2. Can't remember the name of the website but I found it on google.

8. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

Thnx for the tips

9. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Don't you think that would be odd since they were on opposite sides??

10. marine04

marine04 New Member

Mine was a BSA enfield or something like that. I was just illustrating what kind of info you can find out about the older rifles off those websites

11. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

I looked for sit can't find it posted another thread asking for links nothing yet

12. jpattersonnh

That is a completely different rifle. The question was about Mauser, German, Turk, Spanish, Portuguese, ... made, Not an Enfield which could be Australian, Brit, Canadian, or U.S. made

13. jpattersonnh

The Serial number may or may not help w/ the year. If it has a letter prefix it may.