When the other half sez "No"

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by danf_fl, Oct 12, 2012.

1. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Okay boys and girls.

Here is your chance to explain in detail how to convince somebody not to say "No".

As a start, here's mine:

I never give the chance for the question to get answered.
    I always ask for forgiveness than permission.

(If you ask "Can I kick the dog?" will most of the time be answered with "No!", but if you say "I kicked the dog. I'm sorry"........)

2. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

This gun is an investment, it will only go up in value. Those Sks rifles used to sell for $75, now they are over $300!

3. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Dan, are you looking for ideas to get away with something? :)

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

If you kicked my dog it would be difficult for me to forgive you anytime soon. :mad:

Now, if you wanted to buy a gun, I'd insist I get to go with you and I want to fire it first. LOL

5. danf_fl

The wife thinks I have too many ideas already.

This could be used as a sticky should we ever get in a situation.

(She has told me "No" when I mentioned that I was looking at a new car. But that is because I gave her the chance to say "No")

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Well, why did she say "no" to a new car? Were you looking at a very expensive one? Do you really need one or just want one? Maybe she doesn't want to take on a car payment. Maybe the payment would be too much for her to feel comfortable with. I would need to know more info to put in my .02 worth.

7. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 Active Member

i ask for something, but include the clause, you can get something too. or i'll repay you tonight. hehe

8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

What is this "asking permission thing" you all are talking about? :confused:

You must be married and stuff. Now it makes sense. :)

9. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

If it is not asking for permission it is agreeing without fail.

"Yes Dear, you're the Queen."

10. danf_fl

We have 8 different forms of transportation now.
    5 cars, 2 motorcycles and 1 pickup.

She isn't worried about a car payment, just that she thinks I don't "need" another.

I have her convinced to let me have 1 firearm for each year I live. I just have to explain how I look to be in my mid fifties when I have 103 firearms.

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That's what they mean by a tactical retreat, huh? :)

12. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

now you've identified the problem ... don't let it happen again ;)

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Jeez, with rational thinking like that you could ALMOST be a Project Manager. :cool:

14. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I like it but...how does that work with sex?

Does she wake up "sticky" and look at you waiting for your apology? :D

15. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

If the weather is warm I wouldn't care. I could sleep in the dog house with my new gun.

16. levelcross

levelcross New Member

It was on sale and there was going to be one there anyway-----Gallager

I too ask for forgiveness rather than permission, but only if I get caught. :D

17. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker Well-Known Member

The way I see it, if you are not in debt, and have money to spend, you should be able to buy anything you want, and she should too.
    I am not going to tell my wife that she can't buy something unless it is causing finacial problems or if it's literally leaving me without any money for myself.
    On the other hand, I will NOT allow my wife to tell me I can't have something just because she thinks I have "enough". If she does try this, I'm just going to do it without talking about it first.

18. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Oh young one you have a lot to learn. When it comes to marriage NOTHING makes sense. :D

19. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker Well-Known Member

Well, I guess I'll have to find a women who believes that too, or at least one who wants to buy as many guns as I do. THAT, would solve that problem once and for all. :D

20. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Then there's the problem of questions they really don't want the true answer to like, "does this dress make my butt look big" or the problem of does she really need another purse or pair of shoes. It's inevitable ;)

BTW NEVER SAY YES to that 1st question NO MATTER what she tells you. It's an ambush!