When the Innocent win

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by MobileMarine, Jan 3, 2012.

1. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

I think we need a good thread with stories about when the homeowner wins one over an intruder and even better when no charges are brought against them .
    Here is one from my local news outlet .
    If we already have a thread like this , my bad let me know .

2. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

There is a thread on this sub-forum somewhere that links to a website with a map of the U.S. and pins of SD shootings including links to articles from local media outlets detailing the events. In other instances where local media didn't cover the story, it gives a small synopsis of the events from the person that posted the pin point.

3. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Good on the young man for taking care of business. Serves to prove the adage: When second count the police are minutes away; maybe a lot of minutes.

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The part that irritates the heck out of me is that the dispatcher "ordered" him to put the gun down. Who in the hell is a dispatcher to tell anyone they have no right to defend themselves? That dispatcher should be fired. What if the kid had complied, the burglars cam in, took the now abandoned firearm and killed the two kids? Talk about irresponsible! If one of my dispatchers ever did anything like that, I would hit the roof.

5. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Id put the gun down alright....on the table right next to me or back in my holster locked and cocked with said holster unsnapped

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

6. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

im thinking dispatch told him that thinking since he was so young he may have shot the next person he saw IE a officer or ems , albeit they would have announced their presence before hand . I would have told the dispatch to go to hell , ill put it down when the good guys get here

7. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Very good point. Although i might not have been that nice on telling the dispatcher off. The cops/ems should be told the kids stance on it just to save time and possibly lives.

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

8. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

That was my first thought too. Just goes to show ya, common sense is not so common...even if you're a 911 dispatcher.

"Put the gun down now" ... why? So the intruders stand a chance of getting him back for killing their friend?

Fat chance.

I especially loved the part that said "Dispatcher ordered him to set the gun down" as if a 911 dispatcher has ANY authority over anyone what so ever.