When only criminals have guns

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Davyboy, Sep 19, 2012.

1. orangello

orangello New Member

If you are wearing a uniform that is a target for violence, you need a firearm to match, IMO. RIP

2. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

More victims of the liberal murder machine...

RIP officers.

3. vincent

vincent New Member

I was under the impression that the police started carrying sidearms after the '97 gun bans went into effect...:confused:

Either way, scary stuff...stay safe Davy...:cool:

4. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Nah we now have armed response units but your average cop only has tazer and pepper spray.

5. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Very sad obviously the the shooter is responsible for their deaths. I also think the government and police chiefs are responsible for not properly
    equipping the police to do their jobs and protect themselves. They should be armed it might not of made any difference but at least they would have a chance. It shows the flawed thinking behind armed response units the clues in the name response usually to late. The government want to put out the message that there is no need for arming the police things are so peaceful in the UK at the cost of officers lives.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  6. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

But he was not supposed to have a gun and grenades!!! He clearly disobeyed the law. tsk tsk.:rolleyes:
    You have a situation where the honest citizens have been disarmed and the only lives being saved are those of the criminals. It is pretty obvious that it is about control not crime.

7. vincent

vincent New Member

Wow! :eek: I can't seem to wrap my mind around that...How does one do THAT job with nothing but non-lethals??? I can't even imagine...

JTJ is right, seems control is more important than crime prevention there.

We have a safe(er) spot 'cross the pond for you should you ever need one...:cool: We'll leave a light on...

8. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

One thing to remember is that cases like this are still rare in England more police are killed in car accidents than any other way.

Example. Statistics show that road accidents are the greatest threat to officers on the job. The national police officers roll of honour recorded 14 deaths in the line of duty last year - 13 officers died in traffic accidents and one died of natural causes.

Another part of the UK police are armed. Because they are deliberately targeted.
    More than 300 officers have been killed in Northern Ireland in the line of duty, but it has been more than a decade since an officer in England and Wales died in a terrorist incident.

9. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Will be retiring in 4 years for me it is just a case of which State.

10. vincent

vincent New Member

Any particular in mind yet?

11. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Think somewhere in the South and warm ;)

12. orangello

orangello New Member

Permit-free car carry here in MS, not to mention some good food and a low cost of living. Also, most retirement income is not taxed at the state level in MS (pensions and such, not regular savings' interest). Still a good bit of rain, but really HOT in comparison.

13. vincent

vincent New Member

I'll keep an eye out for ya...good choice. Most of the western states are very "free" still, and very beautiful, but also very cold in the winter. We're mostly one big happy family here in Dixie!!!

14. therewolf

therewolf New Member

The reason gun control is a failed social experiment is

criminals don't obey laws.

15. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

just watch out for the "mo-geeters." there are some out there that even the martins avoid!!! :eek: :D

16. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Any good bear hunting ;)

17. orangello

orangello New Member

Alas no, not legally anyway; the evil ones are protected here, but the population is very low.

Maybe one day...

18. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Sorry for seeming thick what is a mo-geeters

19. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

At least you have a fighting chance.