when looking thru the scope

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by Mack Bolan, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

i glanced up at the clock, noobtime, so gonna ask this question:

when sighting in, sometimes the cross hairs go out of focus....and when they're (i get them) in focus, the target is slightly out of focus...

this was at 75' with the zoom at about 7x....

I'm near sighted so i wear prescription (fairly light, no coke bottles) glasses underneath my shooting glasses...

is this parallax? or another common optical illusion thingy i need to adjust eye relief or scope position for?

or is it just getting used to using a scope?

2. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010

3. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

As you get higher in power, paralex becomes more obvious. An AO scope will correct your problem. 75ft should be no issue for any scope though. What kind of scope is it? You can also focus it by the rear ring, have you tried that? Dump the shooting glasses also. I wear perscription glasses, no shooting glasses.

4. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

thanks....

bushnell buckhorn 4-12x40 and no i didn't think to mess with the rear ring, i will try that as well as the steps on that link.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  5. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

6. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

thanks j, just read thru that, i'm going to try adjusting that rear ring and see if i can get this worked out.

7. brandy

brandy New Member

your problem may be your glasses as

I wear "no line" lenses for daily use but due to the way they are ground they are not good for shooting. For shooting I have set of Ray Ban shooting glass frames with face hardened lenses ground to my distance correction except for a tiny bifocal grind at the very bottom (which you never see when looking through the scope). They also have the automatic dimming feature (brown).
    They are big, strong and provide far more eye protection than day to day glasses. IMHO only a fool shoots w/o shooting glasses.:D

8. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

ah, thanks for the input, i was actually at my eye doctors last week inquiring about prescription shooting glasses and i have to return to order some so i can ask about getting them with hardened lenses ground accordingly...:)