When has the 2A actually been 'used'?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Vincine, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Vincine

Vincine New Member

In regards to the 2A protecting citizens from governmental tyranny:

I remember reading about the Black Panthers, tired of being set upon by the police, (in Oakland?) held a march carrying long arms.

I wonder what would have happened if the Japanese-Americans had decided not to go placidly into the internment camps.

When/where else have citizens actually used the 2A to defend themselves against the government? How did it go?

When/where else could have citizens used the 2A to defend themselves against the government? What happened because they didn't?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

A couple of notable, LARGE scale historical events- Colorado National Guard machine gunning the strikers camp- Colorado Fuel & Iron (CFI) Known as the Ludlow and Columbine Mine massacres. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Fuel_and_Iron

The Army Air Corps BOMBING a town in West Virginia. Battle of Blair Mountain. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_Mountain (see movie Matewan)

There have been smaller, less reported events for years. Out of control rogue law enforcement or local government.

3. bkt

bkt New Member

That was a wonderful example of how people are supposed to deal with corruption when all other avenues have been exhausted.

How do you guys think something like that would play out today? Similarly? Or would the good guys get gunned down?

4. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

If you have to ask then you know the answer...

5. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Happens all the time in Chicago, but the good guys can't have guns.....

6. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Read the history of the old west. There are repeated and constant true

accounts of LACs either defending our nation or rule of law.

There's the Waco massacre, and others...

7. TimKS

TimKS Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I think it comes into play everyday in keeping our government at bey. If they knew for a fact that guns were not available to us, they would be more actively trying to take even more of our freedoms on a daily basis.

8. jimjc

jimjc New Member

Well there`s Ruby Ridge...I know it`s not the OP question but the people were armed but a sniper FBI guy with directions from the &%$##% Janet Reno decided to kill a woman holding her baby.... disgusting he could tell the color of the baby's eyes through the scope when he killed that women...All on a trumped up shotgun charge...

Many people think law enforcement will not fire on citizens in the USA that is a wildly silly notion....

9. Jim1611

Jim1611 New Member

Here's another example. December 2012 after obama gets back in office and all true red blooded patriots march on D.C. to defend what's left of freedom.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  10. marlin-owner

marlin-owner New Member

i dont think this is completely relevant to this thread, but... speaking of the black panther march made me remember that on separate occasions i walked down the street with a loaded mossberg 500 tactical slung over my shoulder. down the street i mean about 6 miles on the side of a busy street. and another time i made the same walk with a loaded m44 mosin nagant and the bayonet was out, out as in unfolded sticking off the tip of the muzzle. to ice the cake i was wearing russian battle dress winter camo... police passed me a few times and never stopped. what i was doing was perfectly legal. i did get a couple people slamming on breaks and honking at me. but its my right to carry like that. and i felt completely safe.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  11. therewolf

therewolf New Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The ones honking weren't angry or upset, they just wanted to

know where you got that boss looking bolt action carbine.

Slamming on their brakes, really?:confused:

12. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

They probably thought it was a replica due to the uniform.

13. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I woulda honked, slammed on my brakes, got out and shook your hand.

14. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

Jim beat me to it with The Battle of Athens.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ut6yPrObw[/ame]

15. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Great video. Thanks for posting. Never knew such a thing happened in 1946. No wonder Obama and Hillary wants to disarm American citizens.
    What's coming down the pike would surely be met with armed resistance once our comfort zone is shaken and our freedom destroyed by NWO.

16. marlin-owner

marlin-owner New Member

yeah they were slamming on there brakes and honking. you think if they were scared they would speed up. but i have a sparkling record. not even a single ticket absolutly nothing. im not afraid of going places with a long gun on my back because i have the law on my side and its legal. and who in the right mind would try to rob me or cause violence with that on my back??? ill tell you what it gets quiet in the places i go while carrying like that. haha