when going to the restroom do you...

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by invicta8926, Sep 11, 2012.

1. invicta8926

invicta8926 New Member

When carrying into a public restroom (which unfortunately we all find ourselves in at one time or another) how many of us remove our firearms from the holster when dropping our trousers?

2. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

I carry everday, at home, in town and everywhere else.

I remove my Kimber Ultra when in a public restroom.

If a stable flat spot is available, (top of TP dispenser) I may use that as a resting place,
    If no spot is availalbe, it is cradled in my garmets, out of view, out of reach.

Two thoughts,
    I don't want my pants to drop to the floor leaving the firearm in view, in reach or yuk.
    Although I carry at home, I remove my firearm at home when seated and have become ingrained on checking and replacing the firearm. It has become part of the process, so to speak.

This is going to be a tough thread to keep out of the toilet.

3. don1

don1 New Member

Ha ha, reminds me of the "situation" I had at the match, in one of those "porta johns" - no flat surfaces, nowhere to put your gun...

4. g23shooter

g23shooter New Member

If a stable flat spot is available, (top of TP dispenser) I may use that as a resting place,
    If no spot is availalbe, it is cradled in my garmets, out of view, out of reach.

Ditto

5. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

When using the urinals do you turn your back? ;)

6. vincent

vincent New Member

Curious as to why you guys un-holster your sidearm...:confused:

I carry IWB and if I do have to drop trou, it stays put. I'll shift it over so it rests on my knee but I leave it holstered...Just wondering...

7. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I don't like it being on the floor or in view/ reach. Personal preference really. It's a pain for me to re-trou with a 3.5lbs rig.

8. invicta8926

invicta8926 New Member

Agree, I do the same. LOL.

9. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Yep me too, ill leave it in the holster put remove the rig from my pants, drop trou and hold it in my lap.

For #1 I just unzip my fly reach in and well you know, leaving the top button fastened so my pistol doesn't drag my pants to the floor like elevator at the beginning of "Speed"

10. JonM

JonM Moderator

Just dont hang it on the coat hook by the trigger guard. Bump firing in the restroom sux. There was holes in one of the mp bathroom ceilings from someone doing that... wasnt me though

I also put it on something flat if possible if not it goes on top of the pants if i gotta do some sit down business. Bathrooms are a common place to get mugged or robbed. I go extra high alert if i gotta use a public restroom.

11. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

Some of us have to sit to pee.

Maybe it is just me, but I always feel very vulnerable when Im in a public restroom. I carry just above the right butt cheek, if I leave it holstered it is more difficult to get at when my pants are around my ankles. So I unholster and rest it in the crotch of my pants while they are down. It is easier to get at, and makes it impossible to forget to reholster.

I asked this question of a guy friend of mine who carries as much as I. I wasn't sure how guys went pee with a gun on their hip. He said his stays in place because he only unzips his fly, leaving his belt and button done up.

12. vincent

vincent New Member

Now that makes perfect sense...

I stopped dropping all the way to the ankles when I started carrying, just to the knees...I wonder how much of THIS thread is gonna end up the the 'Slips'? :eek:

13. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

If I have to drop trou I typically unholster my weapon and lay it in the crotch of my pants. These makes it easy to get to but keeps it out of sight. It also keeps me in total control of the weapon and does open the possibility of knocking it off something in the stall unlike if you lay it on any surface.

14. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I just make it easy and piss myself....lol jk

15. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

...this is why I carry strongside IWB in a Belly Band.:cool:

It's not attached to my pants! Simply velcro'd around the waist.

Drop Trousers, tug Belly Band up a bit, and commence your class II download.

The gun remains strapped to me..."positive control", with no risk of falling because the azz clown in the next stall bumps into the divider. :eek:

Tack

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  16. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Ok don't laugh but I never do that in a public restroom ever. Yuck.

17. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I always unholster after the time I dropped my jeans, in a hurry and my 1911 skittered across the floor........Than goodness I was alone in there. I always use the stall nearest the wall and if there is nowhere else to put it. I will lay it on the floor, away from the adjoining stall. I am waiting for some basketball player to peek over the partition and see the cocked and locked .45 laying on the toilet paper holder.

18. cnorman18

cnorman18 New Member

Another good reason for pocket carry. Not a problem. Drop 'em, stays out of sight, pull 'em up, still in place. What's to worry about? Never occurred to me.

19. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

I am sure the supporting members will get plenty of laughs at my expense. Deduct it on your taxes as a mental health aid.

20. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I will agree there. I carried and LCP for a while and it made life very easy. Only reason I stopped is because I felt so undergunned with a 380. I know it's better than nothing but I certainly didn't feel prepaired with only that weapon on me .