When do you open your present(s)?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by lonyaeger, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Christmas Eve

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Christmas day

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. One on Christmas Eve, the rest on Christmas day

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Presents?

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

My wife and have this argument every Christmas. I always want to open on Christmas Eve so I can play all the next day. She thinks we should wait until Christmas day.

I'm betting about half of the gift-giving public does it on Christmas Eve. What say you? (This could affect me for years into the future).

2. DrJason

DrJason New Member

Growing up we did Christmas Eve with the extended family and then Christmas morning was when my sister and I would open presents with my parents. As an adult with no kids, my wife and I open on Xmas eve after dinner.

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

We always split it. One day with my wife's family and one day with my faimly. The only time that doesn't happen is when we travel back to PA to see my extended family.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

My joy is in the giving, and watching kid's smiles. Presents?

5. hogrider

hogrider New Member

When to open

We had to wait till Christmas day when I was a kid so I did the same with mine. I truly don't think there's a right or wrong way anyway. Make your own tradition!

6. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Well I like to wait till late on Christmas eve, then open a present or tow, the rest get opened Christmas morning. :)

Now my family? Forget it, they tear into everything around 7/8'sh Christmas eve. :( With all the sisters, cousins, neices and nephews it looks like a Walmart opening on Black Firday. :eek:

But it's all good and everyone enjoys the time together. SO merry Christmas! :D

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Being the product of a split household. We did Christmas eve with mom and step-dad then Christmas morning with dad and step-mom. It was sweet two days of presents.

Now we do presents on Christmas morning. Kids mom is supposed to take them every other year for Christmas but never does. (SUCKS)