What's your thoughts on Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by snapdragon75, Dec 23, 2013.

1. snapdragon75

snapdragon75 New Member

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

Congrats. We were thinking of buying the compact model awhile ago. They seem like solid guns. Enjoy.

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have considered one myself. But there are just to many guns out there that seem to catch my eye. I may buy one yet.

4. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Me as well,..but I'd prefer the 3.6" or 4" versions...

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

Haven't fired one only seen em in stores. I like their m9a1 compact much better. Width the same with a scootch longer barrel and access to 20 round mags. If your gonna get a storm get the big version I would personally look elsewhere for a compact carry gun.

Just my opinion.

And congrats on the new shooter let us know YOUR impressions on it and its shootability. After all its your hogleg and its your opinion on it that counts!!

6. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I think the system matches the caliber very well. The grip fills (at least part of) your hand, and the rotary action may contribute to the low muzzle flip. If you carry it but practice occasionally, it should not startle you every time like it wants to tear your hand off. It is a little fat and not the easiest to conceal.

7. snapdragon75

snapdragon75 New Member

I'm still waiting for my chl to come in the mail... But I've just got a old faithful holster and the combo of the two feel comfortable and easy to conceal... Thank you for your comments...

8. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

I love love LOVE mine! I carry w/ 17+1, you can get the bigger mags (I have found them as cheap as 20.00 at gun stores used) and get the mag extension covers for about 12.00 and it looks correct.

It is a great shooter, easy to maintain the recoil and fun over all.

I have had zero failures or issues with mine.

the safety is easy to reach and flip off one handed.

I like the option of the single/double action, although if I don't cock the hammer before firing the trigger pull is a bit long for me, I am sure a trigger kit could fix this.

Attached Files:

9. snapdragon75

snapdragon75 New Member

Nice... Yeah I got mine for the same price... Just waiting for it in the mail.

10. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

I did see a huge magazine once (50 rounds I believe) although may be fun for target shooting I thought it'd look a little strange walking around with that. :lol:

11. snapdragon75

snapdragon75 New Member

Lol 50 rounds would look crazy... I've never seen one but if I do I'll pick it up... The great thing about this gun is that with the small back strap it fits my wife too

12. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I didn't know about the "50" Rd.!! I have seen 30 & 35 Rds. for ALL of the Berettas' from the 92 series, up through the the M9 & M9A1,..CDNN carries them all,..even 20 & 25 Rds. for the PX4(not 30 yet) in 9MM. I know they also have 12 & 16 Rds. for the PX4-45ACP Special Duty in 4.6"...

13. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

I saw it at a LGS, It was huge. I even had them test it to a PX4 they had for sale and it fit right in there. I could of been mistaken but it stuck out like 6 to 8 inches from the bottom of my gun.

Congrats on the buy, I believe it is a great weapon and I love mine.

14. AR10

AR10 New Member

Congrats, wonderful heritage in that firearm.

I purchased one for my wife, but she seems to not like racking the slide. Says it is too hard to rack.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  15. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

You know, I struggled with it at first too. I think that I had to learn HOW to do it that worked for me as far as hand placement etc. My husband is much stronger and it is easy for him. I was trying to do it the same as he does and that did not work for me. Also the more you shoot it, the spring settles and it gets easier.

16. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

Also, one trick that helped me ALOT was while we were shooting, I drop the empty magazine, and do not release the slide. I load the new magazine, release the slide and that loads the 1st round. Way easier.

17. AR10

AR10 New Member

I have a few lube tricks I should try.

I pulled it out of the safe, and quickly degreased it, and did a dry Teflon lube of the rails. It is a little easier to rack now, so she says.

Next trip to the range, we will try it again.

I modified the Beretta parts to use the finger bottom plate with the larger mags.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  18. snapdragon75

snapdragon75 New Member

19. QueenGlamis

QueenGlamis New Member

Mine came with night sights, very nice! Took it out today and once again it is a beautiful shooter. I love mine, couldn't be happier!

20. snapdragon75

snapdragon75 New Member

Did you buy yours new or used? And there home made night sights till I can buy the real thing.