What's your take on this upper?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by hockeyjr1, Jan 7, 2014.

1. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

http://www.armslist.com/posts/25258...le--ar15-upper-for-sale---nikon-varmint-scope

Hey guys, I'm tight on cash and need an upper soon that is safe act compliant for stupid nys.. Just found this one online.. I don't need the scope or bipod so I was gunna offer him 275 and I'll pay shipping..

He says it's a black hole barrel.. Any experience from them? Quick google search showed they make the barrels for Reiner arms.. But I've never heard if them before..

Thanks for the help

2. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I think all you can do is try. The barrels are good barrels. It would be nice to know what BCG it has as in a m15 mil spec or lite weight cheapy and whos upper is on it.

3. Ibmikey

Ibmikey Member

Does not list a BCG so that is an additional $150. For six hundred I would build exactly what I want and be happier.

4. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I dunno about that barrel.....

This is how my Black Hole Weaponry barrel is marked.

[​IMG]

5. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

Wow that is a big difference in how they are marked.. I'm waiting to hear back from they guy with more info

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

I would say skip it.

Looks like a two year old tried to copy someone's barrel markings.

Most likely someone has used a upper with m4 cuts and attached a a2 cut barrel and is trying to off load a hot mess

[​IMG]

7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Why bother? :confused:

walk away man.....

squash it......

8. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

10-4 thanks boys

9. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

:drool:

What's the rest of her look like?

10. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

Ohh one more question.. Need to cut the treads off of any upper that I would buy from online so that I won't have to register with the safe act.. If I cut the threads on a barrel off how long will the actual barrel be? Are the treads included in the 16" measurement?

11. BRL

BRL New Member

Yes the threaded portion is included in the "16 overall length.

Not sure what the length of the threaded portion is, (ain't removing my flash hider right now to find out) but I'm pretty sure removing them would put you under 16"...:eek:

This gentleman bought an AR Stoner 18" barrel from Midway and removed the threaded portion to still be NYSAFE compliant.

[​IMG]

12. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member