What's your recurring dream?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by CHLChris, May 13, 2012.

1. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Even decades before I starting owning and shooting guns, I have a had a recurring dream about trying to fire a gun to save myself and I pull the trigger as hard as I can, but the gun doesn't fire. No matter how hard I squeeze, I can't pull the trigger back far enough to fire.

The situations are always different, but the gun doesn't fire. I have it every couple of weeks for the last 30 years.

What's your recurring dream? Let's try to stay away from interpretations, though...no laptop therapists.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I don't know. I don't remember my dreams. But atleast once a week I get bi?ched at by my girl for screaming in my sleep.
    That's what you get for hooking up with a guy with ptsd. Just be happy for me I'm sleeping.

3. caseyphx

caseyphx New Member

My girlfriend says I scream least two or three times a week. Ptsd sucks

4. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

In my dreams I have learned how to fly. Before when being chased I could barely keep out of reach of my chasers grabbing a hold of my feet. When they caught me I would wake up clinching my guns. But, now I can fly to escape their grasp.

5. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I have that dream also or that there aren't any bullets. In those cases, I still find other ways to kill what's coming to get me.

6. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I scare my husband with my screaming too. I have had nightmares my entire life.

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Sorry to hear that. People don't understand how precious a good nights sleep is.

8. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

A monster buck the size of a dynosaur, and just as I get ready to draw my bow I remember that I forgot to bring my license and tags.

Attached Files:

9. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

Wow! Something must have happened when you were a little kid and your brain can't forget it.

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Damn it. I still haven't got mine yet. Lol

11. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

You're right. People that sleep well have no idea what it's like to not sleep. Sorry about your sleep issues as well.

12. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

I'm happy if i get 4 hrs in any given night

13. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Ty. I'm used to it. Not a bad as it was in the past. There was a time where I didn't sleep for about a month. That was not fun.

14. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

This message is hidden because PlaysWithZombies is on your ignore list.

15. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

It just takes time.

16. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I am a light sleeper and since I wake up easily I always remember my dreams. I grew up in a neighborhood that wasn't the safest so maybe my dreams stem from that. Who knows? And now I don't live in the best of neighborhoods either. Go figure.

17. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yeah me too.

18. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

I am a lite sleeper also, and I can hear the sounds of the night in my sleep.

If I hear normal sounds, like bugs chirping, or fieldmice scurrying, no problem.

If I hear metalic sounds, or cars driving up and parking, but no one getting out, or a car door opening but not closing, those wake me.

Then I get up and do my neighborhood watch thing.

19. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Me three. I don't know what it's like to close my eyes and not wake until morning. Wouldn't that be awesome!