Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there all, I'm sure this has been a thread before but figured I would get a new discussion going on the subject if anyone wants to chime in and discuss.

So what is your favorite way to carry, type of holster, brand and why?

I'm a little different than most I assume. I carry with a ace case belly band 90% of the time as Im a shirt and gym shorts kinda guy and I hate belts.

When I'm not carrying with a belly band I use a Galco jackass Rig shoulder holster but it's very rare. I tried for the first year or so of my concealed carry to carry on the hip and I hated it. I felt I was always having to re adjust, or pull my shirt down, going to the bathroom was a chore, and everytime I got up or sat down the gun felt out of place. When I found the belly band it greatly increased the comfort of my every day carry. Also you can fit pretty much any carry size gun in a belly band and you don't have to get specific holsters or anything.

It'd be great to hear from others let's get to know each other better! Happy Monday!

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
I use a belly band too when walking or even bike riding.
I use an OWB paddle holster or chest rig when in the bush.
I EDC with IWB hybrid from foxx holsters. Use them for all my IWB holsters. Comfy, well made, very affordable, and great warranty.

·
Administrator
731 Posts
I almost always carry my Glock 43X beneath my offside arm in an UnderTech UnderCover tank top under a fishing shirt or a Hawaiian shirt (I live in Florida and both are very common here). I have carried my Glock 17 in the same rig. On very rare occasions, I will carry my Glock 43 in a CrossBreed ankle holster.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice, I've been carrying the Glock 48, switched from a S and W shield as soon as I heard about them. I never liked glock because I thought they were to bulky. But was always impressed with the stories of reliability. Went and picked up the 48 and love it! I've been on the look out for a 43x but haven't come across one yet. And I only impulse buy as you may be able to tell from my user name lol

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
I carry a P968 SAS (before Sig messed the sights on the model). I don't use a holster in spite of the fact that "they" say "always use a holster". It fits very nicely in any pocket with a pocket holster. When in a vehicle and I don't plan on leaving it or I know the people where I will be around, I carry the new CZ75 Compact. If/when I find a suitable holster for it, I may carry it on me. Sometimes, either the Mossberg 18.5" barrel, or the AR is in the back of the pick up. Not very often though.

·
Premium Member
14,719 Posts
Right now I am pocket carrying an LCR 38 in a home made leather pocket holster. Not pretty but functional.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I almost always carry my Glock 43X beneath my offside arm in an UnderTech UnderCover tank top under a fishing shirt or a Hawaiian shirt (I live in Florida and both are very common here). I have carried my Glock 17 in the same rig. On very rare occasions, I will carry my Glock 43 in a CrossBreed ankle holster.
Ankle holster ???

Can you bend down that far, fast enough to defend yourself with that ?

·
Registered
340 Posts
My carry gun is a Glock 19 Gen 5.

I carry a Don Hume IWB leather holster in the summer when I'm only covering with a t-shirt or Hawaiian shirt (we have those in Texas too). I prefer my CYTAC paddle holster if I am wearing a jacket or coat, or if I'm not concerned about printing. My carry gun is a Glock 19

·
Administrator
731 Posts
Can you bend down that far, fast enough to defend yourself with that ?
My springboard diving training gives me plenty of flexibility and I have the reflexes of a cat.

Reactions: Notrighty

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Pocket for P938. Carry the CZ in the car/truck when I'm going to see somebody I know I can trust and just leave it there. Any gun is in my pocket when filling up with gas. Gas stations are where it happens.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I carry my Hellcat or Makarov cross draw in a belly band when I don't want to wear a belt, or the Hellcat strong side IWB (4 o'clock-ish) with an Alien Gear Shapeshifter.

Once I get my CZ P10 F, I might try it in a shoulder rig in winter with a coat, but it is a big gun, so it might simply serve as my SHTF piece in a Safariland low ride OWB.

·
Registered
Whatever tickles my fancy in the morning and what I'm going to be doing
133 Posts
Been carrying whatever my pistol/revolver of choice for the day is in a belt slide for.....well, since I was a cop back in the 70's. Got into the habit of carrying concealed and never got out of it.

Once in a great while I will use a shoulder rig and I mean a great while. I like them in the winter and when I was on the farm working or on the trap line but, we sold the farm 20 years ago and I haven't trapped in almost that long. Other than that....I like a belt slide better.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Last couple years it's been a Sig 365 either in a IWB kydex or leather OWB on the right side under a a slightly oversized button down shirt. I live in coastal Alabama so shorts and un-tucked shirt is normal everyday wear for most folks. Here lately I've been carrying a new Ruger LCP Max (380). Finally learned how to shoot it. That thing weighs only 10.5 oz and holds 13 rounds- that's insane.
In dead of winter I have been known to carry something a little bigger.....but as I get older, and guns get lighter I have adapted- a little.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts