What's your opinion on Rainier arms ar-15 ??

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by gunman41mag, Aug 9, 2020.

1. gunman41mag

gunman41mag Well-Known Member

Do you consider RAINIER ARMS as a premium ar-15 ?? Any input will be appreciated

bluez and schnuffleupagus like this.
  2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

From what I know they seem to be a reputable AR Company.
    As far as being a direct comparison to Daniel Defense, Spikes Tactical, Rock River Arms, Stag Arms, LMT (Lewis Machine & Tool) and a few others which in IMO are some of the best. I have no real insight as to where they rank as far as price, quality (which I think the do have) and their durability. They seem to have good ratings. I would check that out before purchasing any gun!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020

3. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

very good ARs.
    close to the very top of the line.
    They have to be since they sell them on their retail store right alongside LWRC, POF and LMT.... which are the Top Tier in prestige.
    ( I personally feel the Sig516 is right up there with the very best of any AR, but it is too "cheap" in MSRP, (1400) compared those).

if u have an opportunity to snag one in this market w/o paying an arm and a leg I'd do it.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  4. gunman41mag

Actually i was able to pick one up for $650, but there's isn't too much information on them

Sniper03, schnuffleupagus and bluez like this.
  5. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

6. gunman41mag

The good thing about a ar-15 is that parts are interchangeable, after shipping I'll be $650 into it.

Shopfox, bluez and Oldoutlaw like this.
  7. Oldoutlaw

That is very true. Just be aware some parts are getting harder to find. I am running into that as I refurbish a couple of Ar's I have.
    Hopefully, your barrel will be in great condition.

schnuffleupagus and gunman41mag like this.
  8. gunman41mag

Yes it's getting hard finding a bcg, but my thinking is that right now in the $600 range you have a hard time finding a dpms, del-ton, anderson, palmetto state armory, aero, so picking up a RAINIER ARMS in that price range i figured it was a good deal

Caveman Jim, Shopfox and bluez like this.
  9. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

The description looks like it’s been really used. You don’t know how it is inside. All it says “still cycles good”. It sold for what you’d expect on GB. You’ll find many similar or better deals.

gunman41mag likes this.
  10. gunman41mag

I'm a risk taker, worst case scenario I'll have to replaced a barrel ??

11. Oldoutlaw

Perhaps you will. BUT, you do not necessarily have to buy a complete Bolt Carrier Group. Usually, after I learned, I just buy a complete bolt and put it into my old carrier. :)

12. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Power to you then.

13. gunman41mag

I've bought dozens of ar-15, never had to replaced a barrel or a bolt. I've never gotten a lemon

bluez likes this.
  14. Oldoutlaw

Good for you then.

Rifling82 and gunman41mag like this.
  15. gunman41mag

The price of ammo is so high that nobody can afford to shoot out a barrel, once i received the RAINIER ARMS i tell you what shape the ar-15 is in

bluez likes this.
  16. Oldoutlaw

What ever.

17. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Agreed.

I did one time get one that was not as described.
    Paid for used "near new under 300 rounds roundcount"... was clearly more like 3000-5000 rds based on the green copper deposits in the barrel.
    Also had a stripped crew in the hardbound right where I needed to mount my VFG.

Sold it in frustration with full disclosure.

Also most manufacturers of premium rifle will replace your barrel for free when worn out
    (Ask me how I know ;) )

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    Caveman Jim and gunman41mag like this.
  18. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

PS: Checked the link.. it looks great love the FDE.
    clearly a hi end gun.

(but hate the muzzle brake.... this calibre really doesn't generate enough recoil to justify the extra signature (flash at night, dust in daytime, and extra noise day or night) generated from a muzzle break .....that can help locate the enemy your position easier...

Real world finding people who are shooting at you is not to be taken for granted..

So IMO any AR with a muzzle brake is set up as a competition rifle rather than an Infantry rifle..

Give me a flash hider anytime..but this a philosophical disagreement with a configuration and does not really reflect on the rifle itself.

Not in any way shape or form trying to talk down your choice.. just a point I feel that needs making for the greater good on this board.)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    Caveman Jim, gunman41mag and PANDEMIC like this.
  19. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

You robbed the guy :D

gunman41mag likes this.