Whats your opinion of Walther?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by JMAtactical, Jul 10, 2012.

1. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

I have been as always looking and researching new and beautiful fire arms. I cant afford a wilson combat or a rock river but i have seen some new walthers that make me say wow i want that. I need 9mm at the very least and want owners and shooters opinions please

2. TNBlackSheep

TNBlackSheep New Member

If possible, my next purchase will be a PPQ. My brother has bought 3 9mms over the past few months...he has officially converted from a die-hard Glocker to the PPQ. Stick of butter for a grip, it's amazing. High quality, shoots great, great reputation...I'm all for it.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I had a walther p99c as. It was a great gun. Accurate out of the box and ate anyway hing I fed it.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Every Walther that has come into my possession has been a pleasure.

I have no complaints for what they are.

5. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

There is the p22 which is much smaller than 9mm. Its so smooth i must own one. Im serious the grey on black is timeless

6. waltherman

waltherman New Member

I have the PPS40 and love it. Have not had a single problem with it.

7. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

I was never a glocksucker but I have always maintained the opinion that my PPQ would eat anybody's glock 19 for breakfast. And that's out of the box,absolutely phenomenal gun,it's like I can't miss with it. It's got a trigger like you've never seen on a poly gun and it just flat out shoots great. And as an added bonus it's not quite as ugly as a glock.

8. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Never shot any Walther personally but a friend of mine Swears his PPQ has the best trigger on the market short of a 1911.

9. msup752

msup752 New Member

I have a friend that owns several of them and carries one off duty. I have shot his .357 sig model and it was nice. His only complaint is the high cost of spare mags.

10. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

I have never had a dissatisfied Walther customer. Says something.

FYI, I just read in one of my industry magazines that Walther is setting up complete operations officially in the US soon. Now, you have to go through Smith & Wesson to get warranty issues addressed and distributors have to buy them through them also. No longer. This should be good in the long run. While the PPK/S has been made here, the company didn't have a full operation on our shores.

11. TNBlackSheep

TNBlackSheep New Member

My brother was 150% Glock for many years. He had multiple 17s, 19s, 22s, 26s, 31s, and misc others. At any given time, I'd say he had 10-15 total Glocks. He tried hardcore to talk me into a Glock instead of my Springfield XDm. After he shot the XDm a few times, it almost converted him, but didn't quite push him over the edge. The PPQ only took a couple of trips to the range to make him a believer. I didn't think anything would make me regret going with the XDm, but the PPQ has just about done it.

12. Executiveprotect

Executiveprotect New Member

I bought a pps. 40 about two months ago and traded it the next day. The trigger was awful and it had a lot of recoil. I traded for a sig p250. 40 and got 175 boot money! I won't buy another pps, however I still would like an older p38 just to have...

13. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

if they're good enough for james bond, then ok for me.

14. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

IMO some of the ugliest guns ever made, however I hear nothing but good things about them.

15. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Hell ya guys. I am seriously going to leave the glock side soon and have been trying to figure out what to go to. I have always liked walther but never shot one or gave one to much thought. I am going to try to get one soon

16. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I'm surprised no one brought up the Walther P22 issues. Aside from those issues, though, I love that gun.

17. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

What issues sir i would like to hear because i really like that model

18. Songbird398

Songbird398 New Member

My husband has the PPQ and I have the PPS, both 9mm. We're very happy with both.

19. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

A good percentage of p22 guns seem to be either flat-out unreliable with bulk .22 or very finicky about which brand you put in them according to some people. My dad has one and it was very picky until it got broken in but hasn't jammed with ANY bulk ammo after the break in. I'm willing to bet most people who condemn the p22 just didn't break it in good enough before they gave up on it or sold it.

20. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

Mine didn't really have a break in period. We had to play with different bulks and found it functioned reliably with Winchester 36gr HP in the 333 boxes. Once we found one it was consistent with we stuck to that. It also functioned we CCI . A couple of friends have P22's also and have found different ammos work best for them.