What's your next handgun purchase going to be?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Rifling82, May 12, 2019.

1. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

image.jpeg It is a 5.5, not 4.75, as I goofed up above.

BVAL, 1911NUT, SGWGunsmith and 2 others like this.
  2. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Beautiful! What year was it born?!

EclecticShooter likes this.

3. Rifling82

1902! I zoomed in .... Wow

4. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

That's a beauty. Congratulations!

5. Colt454

Colt454 Member

Considering either a regular Beretta 92F or the Beretta Storm. (The Storm if I am not mistaken is essentially the Beretta 8000 Cougar w/ some modifications). I tend to look at used/trade-ins because they are often cheaper but still reliable. One thing to consider imo is to make sure the guns will feed hollowpoint ammunition. At one point I had a very much used Hi-Point .40 cal that for whatever reason didn't like hollow points.

6. EclecticShooter

EclecticShooter Well-Known Member

Gorgeous SAA! I'd love to shoot an original like that someday.

7. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

I might as well let the cat out of the bag.
    I am not a collector of guns, I'm a user, a utilitarian but not a hoarder.
    There, I feel so much better now and hope I won't be judged too harshly on my coming out of the closet, so to speak....:)
    If I find a S&W revolver in .38 SPL with a 3" barrel I'll probably take a closer look.;)

Rex in OTZ and Rifling82 like this.
  8. Gatoragn

That is why I only buy "shooter grade" guns.

9. Gatoragn

I just love the smell of burnt Trailboss!

10. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

Same here, I have NO safe queens, they all have a purpose and get shot, a lot.

Rex in OTZ and EclecticShooter like this.
  11. EclecticShooter

Trailboss does make for some pleasant shooting.

12. EclecticShooter

Same for me. When I was looking at my Marlin 1894 CST, the salesman said "now this is a nice gun, but you might want something cheaper. You only wanna take something like this out ever so often." All I could think was "is this thing stainless and has a weatherproof stock for nothing?" Even my old and black powder guns get used and frequently too.

OLD Ron, Rex in OTZ and Caveman Jim like this.
  13. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

I already upgraded to the G17 Gen 4, sold the SD9. I honestly like them both but damn I love the Glock so much more! Also upgraded the slide release button to the extended version and its so much better. Next I need to upgrade the Takedown tabs to the extended version as well, and that's like $10 so that'll be soon.

EclecticShooter and Rifling82 like this.
  14. Scott Long

Scott Long New Member

I just purchased the 92G Elite LTT. This is my first Beretta purchase, and did a lot of research before my purchase. I think I got a pretty good deal at $845 free shipping to my FFL.

15. Rifling82

I always enjoy the research!

16. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

And the youtube videos thats my favorite part. I also like to watch the torture tests videos done on that gun to see what kind of abuse they really can take. And that way you can see what your getting for your money.

I've watched a few vids on Glock torture tests last night and I'm very happy that I did the transition. Not that I would EVER even if you paid me do that to a Glock or any other firearm for that matter. But its good to know that if your trusting your life with a firearm such as a Glock you'll wanna know what kind of abuse it really can take and its limitations.

But knowing that they can take alot of abuse and just keep going like a semi-truck. That right there tells me that Glocks can take a beating just like an AR can and theres really not much you can do with your bare hands to damage a Glock so to speak if your one of those safe queen types or you baby your guns. Lol

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  17. Colt454

Colt454 Member

Believe it or not Hi-Points are fairly tough. I have seen two videos on Youtube where they torture-tested it. The Hi-Point took a licking and kept on ticking. Well in this case it kept on firing until it took a bullet to the chamber. They may be fugly and blocky but they are cheap and seem to be well made.

Rex in OTZ and Rifling82 like this.
  18. Scott Long

Scott Long New Member

Yea, their kind of like a scooter... you know, fun to drive (in this case shoot) until someone sees you.

OLD Ron, Rex in OTZ, 1911NUT and 3 others like this.
  19. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Well-Known Member Supporter

Rifling82 and EclecticShooter like this.
  20. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm considering, very seriously, a 4 ¾ Colt New Frontier in .45 Colt caliber. Most likely a second or third generation. Set of "real" ivory panels and a Kirkpatrick holster. I'd be very happy!