What's your next handgun purchase going to be?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Rifling82, May 12, 2019.

1. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

I know there is a G29 gen 3 for sale in Lake Stevens, Wa...

Mowgli Terry likes this.
  2. Mowgli Terry

Mowgli Terry Active Member

Thanks for the tip. There is a new G29 at a LGS. I'd have to pass for lack of $. I have a second job. I go to gun shows without money with people who are shopping. They just follow me around waiting for the windfalls.

Caveman Jim likes this.

3. formerCav

formerCav Well-Known Member

4. BullMoose429

BullMoose429 Well-Known Member Supporter

I didn’t plan on crossing one of my bucket list items off when I woke up today- but somehow it happened 02473E5A-F524-4B65-B8E0-D834B1BFCDC2.jpeg CZ P07- this counted as a CZ75 on my bucket list. It basically is a CZ75 but with a polymer frame- all the mechanics are the same as they CZ75D (which has a decocker). It came with two 10 round compliant magazines- but since Maine has no mag laws, I filed down the indents and now they are 14 round mags. I got it used at the retail store at the Windham Weaponry factory. This one was used and actually traded in by one of the guys behind the counter. He told me that it shoots great and runs super reliably. It feels great in my hands and I like that the frame is in OD Green.

windjammer69 and Rifling82 like this.
  5. BullMoose429

On Saturday me and a good friend of mine are going shooting at his neighbor’s range- he and his wife are finally going to shoot their new carry guns for they first time after 6 months!! (They each bought 38 revolvers after someone was threatening to kill them because prior to that the opt guns they had were for killing bears, moose, deer and turkey) I’ll give a range report as to what I think about the gun, from first glance- it feels great, Botha the single and double action trigger are great, it doesn’t look as cool as the alloy frame CZ75- but it’s a lot lighter (this will be my new carry gun until the world goes back to normal and I the only gun I carry is for moose and bear defense because you know- it’s just another day in they sticks of Maine), and the decocker is new to me so I’ll have to get used to it. I know these guns are supposed to knock Glocks out of the water in terms of reliability- so I may throw it in some of my horse manure and see how it runs

G66enigma and Rifling82 like this.
  6. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Congrats. The P07 is a great pistol. Mechanicals are bit different than the 75 until you get into the Omega trigger system (basically a simplified 75B trigger system). Lots of die hard CZ75 fans will say the omega trigger is not worthy, compared to the older 75 trigger system. I found it to be a very decent service trigger. Mine has been 100% reliable for nearly 3,000 rounds. (I haven’t tortured it, but did run it for a long time without full cleaning.)

7. BullMoose429

So far I love the gun!!! Between the left wing nuts and the right wing militia nuts- I felt like I needed a higher capacity carry gun to carry me through the next few months untill everything settles down. Thankfully, I don’t think any proud boy or antifa morons will try to hurt the good folks up here in Maine (the state with the largest percentage of its population living in rural areas of all 50 states and where almost 60% of households have at least one gun in them) but I’m afraid that antifa lunatics will start burning down homes, and right wing militias will start indiscriminately killing people in the streets once the election results come in (whether it goes Biden or Trump) and wanted to upgrade from my single stack subcompact Ruger that barely fits in my hands to something that has a bit more capacity and could be used to get me back to my farm where I know that nobody could hurt me or my loved ones- it’s too remote (remember- I’m in Maine) and too easily guardable

Rifling82 likes this.
  8. Pro2A

Pro2A Active Member

Ordered a Sar USA P8L Friday morning, it shipped out the same day and it says it will be at my FFL on Tuesday.

Rifling82 likes this.
  9. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

Staccato P.. I was looking for a full size 1911ish pistol. I decided to go with the 2011 Staccato P 9mm.
    I only put a single box through it, at $45 for a box of 50. So not much of a range report yet, but definitely not disappointed.. Final-1-2.jpeg

Gatoragn and Rifling82 like this.
  10. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Nice!

PeeJay1313 likes this.
  11. formerCav

formerCav Well-Known Member

maybe a Bersa thunder plus.
    just wish they made it in either 9mm makarov or 9 x 19 !

Rifling82 likes this.
  12. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Arriving soon:

Ruger Bisley 44 special on the midsized flattop frame. Previous owner had American Holly grips fit to the revolver, which give the appearance of ivory.[​IMG]

BullMoose429 and Rifling82 like this.
  13. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

One or the other RIA Tactical 10mm or Glock 29 10mm.

14. B9er

B9er Member

Haven't bought one in 8 years, only have 3, dont expect to buy any more. Only have one longarm, ditto on that. Even without covid and biden, I spend my time and money on skill-maintenance with the ones I have. I dont see anything that's enough of an improvement to justify buying it, even if it was $400. I've been a top hand for over 40 years, there aint much room for improvement. I only practice rifle from the weak side shoulder and most of the pistol work is with the weak hand.

Rifling82 likes this.
  15. windjammer69

windjammer69 Well-Known Member

It took a while but my Aug. 2019 wish came true. 20200530_150828.jpg
    I purchased the P07 for a CC firearm. Then I added the Kadet kit for the Shadow 2. 20201015_074812.jpg

16. BullMoose429

I bought one just last month and I love mine

17. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

The Staccato by STI Int. just got a great review! wit it's 3.9" barrel shot from a supported rest at 25 yds. with 3 different ammo types averaged 1.0, 1.1 and 1.1!

Typically guns with barrels shorter than 4" are tested at 15 yds but this particular one was shooting so well they tested at 25.

The MSRP was a bit high at $1499 but I'm sure you can do better maybe! Today who knows!

18. jackrich3

jackrich3 Well-Known Member Supporter

19. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

I want a S&W 38/357 revolver so bad...

Rifling82 likes this.
  20. Donn

Donn Well-Known Member

Since my initial entry on this thread, (May, 2019), 2020 happened and all that came with it. One of my first lockdown activities was emptying the safe, going over the exteriors with a Rem Oil wipe, running an oiled patch down all the bores. Before putting them away, I counted them, (heavy sigh). Bottom line? Unless I am gifted another, or get an offer I can't refuse, I'm all done, not buying any more. I've got what I've got.

BullMoose429 and freefall like this.