What's your next handgun purchase going to be?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Rifling82, May 12, 2019.

1. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

Barrel is indexed and torqued in place. In the older guns like this one it’s also pinned. To fit this barrel the gunsmith had to take it down .002” to make it index correctly at torque, then he pinned it. Not for rookies or kitchen counter gunsmiths like me. Takes a good Lathe and a gunsmith the really knows how to use it.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    Rifling82 and towboater like this.
  2. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense to me now.

Rifling82 and Wambli like this.

3. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

Next handgun...my inner cowboy is still whispering in my ear so I'm torn between the Hollywood 1851 Navy version of Clint Eastwoods "man with no name" or an 1858 Remington Conversion...would love a Schofield but just too much $ at this time

Rifling82 and towboater like this.
  4. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

I bought another Colt/Walther 1911 22lr rail gun last week. Walther took care of me when i was having issues with my other one. They also sent me a new recoil spring for my PPX too awhile back. Good service so i gave them more business.

Rifling82 likes this.
  5. RKtullahoma

RKtullahoma Well-Known Member Supporter

More EC9S mags.

towboater likes this.
  6. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

I've got a new one on order right now - Springfield Range Officer Stainless Target model.

Hope it arrives soon!

Bayou

towboater and PaBushMan like this.
  7. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Well-Known Member

Just about to close the deal on another Tommy gun; a 1928 version with both drum and several stick mags. It'll make a nice companion to my M1 version.

Bayou and towboater like this.
  8. harkersislandnc

harkersislandnc Well-Known Member

Likely another CZ

Bayou and towboater like this.
  9. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

A made in 1928 Thompson?

towboater likes this.
  10. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Model 1928 I'm sure.

Bayou, oO_Rogue_Oo and towboater like this.
  11. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

I’m thinking about a 44 Magnum.... S&W Model 29 possibly

PaBushMan, Wambli and towboater like this.
  12. NC_guy

NC_guy New Member

Just bought a LNIB Chiappa Rhino 200DS. Do not need any other guns but this came along at a decent price. So ugly its almost good looking. Took to range yesterday and was quickly impressed! Shoots good. One handed 357 full load shots! Recoil less than a 9mm - in my opinion. Just bought it on a whim and planned to sell but quickly changed my mind. Its a keeper.

PaBushMan and Rifling82 like this.
  13. Pro2A

Pro2A Member

Not really buying a new handgun but I’m updating my Sig P320 again. New X carry hand stippled grip module, with grip weight and magwell came in this morning. I installed the weight and magwell with a little loctite, I’m not removing the weight or mag well so I won’t to make sure both are stuck in place. Waiting on my GoGun gas pedal take down lever, SilencerCo threaded barrel, Galloway Precision suppressor sights, and Tier 1 Axis Elite holster; in which are all on the way, should receive all by Monday. Also my slide is only 3 weeks old so practically I have a new handgun altogether when everything gets installed.