What's your favorite knife brands?

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by iheartguns, May 2, 2007.

1. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

Interesting, we jumped with the Germans just outside Hohenfels and I became friends with one of their troopers and we traded knives.
    This was in 1979.
    It is a well constructed knife.

2. SSGSF

SSGSF Active Member

I just picked up a benchmade 9100 auto for 60 dollars. When bought brand new its 245. It's a little worn but it still works .

3. Bearsdad40cc

Bearsdad40cc New Member

I'm thinking about picking this blade up from cold steel. It's priced at 130 never paid over 65 for a knife but I really like the design. Do y'all like cold steel blades??

image-1606498396.jpg

4. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

They're good blades, my Spartan has handled everything i throw at it but is it worth 130? I think no, for that price i would pick up a benchmade or zero tolerance

5. tCan

tCan Active Member

Condor Tool and Knife, Kershaw.

I also sometimes buy really cheap knives and replace the blade with one of my own design. The sharpest knife I own started as a $1 potmetal knife from Walmart. I replaced it with some cheap high carbon steel that I etched in acid. I target lock backs because of their simplicity and superior lockup.

6. Bearsdad40cc

Bearsdad40cc New Member

Thanx bige
    I'll check Zero Tolerance

7. kiabe1

kiabe1 Member

Kershaw tone or oso sweet or scallion

8. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Anytime Bears!

9. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Love my ZT 0200 folder,built like a tank and balanced perfect! and whatever they coat their blades with Is some kind of magic. I could cut a dozen coke cans in half with it,give the blade a little oil and run out all the scratches. Everytime I clean it up looks just like the day I got it.

Just a tad big though,but I'm of thought thAt if your going to carry something,you should carry a big something.

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

No longer made in Japan and the quality of the steel is not as good as it used to be, still good knives just not great knives any more

11. ohiomike

ohiomike New Member

P icked this up some time ago.....its no longer made.........

My Ka-Bar Short Heavy Bowie.....[​IMG]
    the one on top

12. JohnnieHaynes

JohnnieHaynes New Member

Smithsonian bowie or a Mike Leach bowie

Attached Files:

13. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Old school buck 110

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

14. therewolf

therewolf New Member

15. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Puma
    Buck
    Keeping a sharp knife sharp in this house has been a chore from the get go, the wife insist on dragging my very nice chef's knife across (sideways) a wooden cutting board!!
    I like a knife to be shaving sharp so I'm sure you can see this certainly kills that option.
    She watches the cooking channel and insist they all do it to which I reply they do not sharpen their own knifes!
    So long story short I discovered Rada knifes, they are inexpensive incredibly tough for the price and hold an edge way better than most!
    If some of you have a similar situation check this out they really do stand up to someone that has no clue to what a sharp knife really is http://www.radacutlery.com/?gclid=CJC-la2H0rsCFel9OgodkWUAqQ

16. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i really don't have a favorite brand persay, but am partial to a few that i have had over the years.

Gerber. i have had many of them ranging in price and find them to be quite durable for most of my needs.

CRKT. very well made knives an one i started using a few years ago.

Frost Cutlery. very good knives with blades made from surgical steel. hard to sharpen, but are a tough blade.

Shrade/Uncle Henry/Old Timer. have had many of these in many different versions and probably more of these than any other brand of knife.

Case. enough said. truly a great knife IMO.

17. sigsauerkraut

sigsauerkraut New Member

Emerson folding knives are my favorite. Having 154-CM I have to sharpen often, but the chisel grind makes doing so quick and easy.

18. kytowboater

kytowboater Well-Known Member

19. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Just got back from a vacation to Oregon. Stopped by the benchmade factory,real friendly folk. The factory store was pretty wiped out bc of Christmas gifts,and usually everything is MSRP but they had a sale on clothing and %30 of all custom griptillians. Almost picked one up until I saw a box of serrated sheepsfoot black nitride griptillians in the corner,they were a discontinued model on sale for 60 bucks!

Got out of there with a hat,shirt and griptillian for $80 bucks!

20. Chief-Long-Iron

Chief-Long-Iron Member

Gerber
    Benchmade
    Kershaw
    Buck
    Knives of Alaska
    Smith an Wesson
    KA-BAR

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014