Firearms Talk banner

161 - 180 of 211 Posts

·
Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
4,609 Posts
Interesting, we jumped with the Germans just outside Hohenfels and I became friends with one of their troopers and we traded knives.
This was in 1979.
It is a well constructed knife.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I just picked up a benchmade 9100 auto for 60 dollars. When bought brand new its 245. It's a little worn but it still works .

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'm thinking about picking this blade up from cold steel. It's priced at 130 never paid over 65 for a knife but I really like the design. Do y'all like cold steel blades??
They're good blades, my Spartan has handled everything i throw at it but is it worth 130? I think no, for that price i would pick up a benchmade or zero tolerance

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Condor Tool and Knife, Kershaw.

I also sometimes buy really cheap knives and replace the blade with one of my own design. The sharpest knife I own started as a $1 potmetal knife from Walmart. I replaced it with some cheap high carbon steel that I etched in acid. I target lock backs because of their simplicity and superior lockup.

·
Registered
57 Posts
bige91603 said:
They're good blades, my Spartan has handled everything i throw at it but is it worth 130? I think no, for that price i would pick up a benchmade or zero tolerance
Thanx bige
I'll check Zero Tolerance

·
Registered
984 Posts
Bearsdad40cc said:
Thanx bige
I'll check Zero Tolerance
Love my ZT 0200 folder,built like a tank and balanced perfect! and whatever they coat their blades with Is some kind of magic. I could cut a dozen coke cans in half with it,give the blade a little oil and run out all the scratches. Everytime I clean it up looks just like the day I got it.

Just a tad big though,but I'm of thought thAt if your going to carry something,you should carry a big something.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I'm thinking about picking this blade up from cold steel. It's priced at 130 never paid over 65 for a knife but I really like the design. Do y'all like cold steel blades??

View attachment 92565
No longer made in Japan and the quality of the steel is not as good as it used to be, still good knives just not great knives any more

·
Registered
536 Posts
Old school buck 110

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

·
Proud to be an American
3,517 Posts
Puma
Buck
Keeping a sharp knife sharp in this house has been a chore from the get go, the wife insist on dragging my very nice chef's knife across (sideways) a wooden cutting board!!
I like a knife to be shaving sharp so I'm sure you can see this certainly kills that option.
She watches the cooking channel and insist they all do it to which I reply they do not sharpen their own knifes!
So long story short I discovered Rada knifes, they are inexpensive incredibly tough for the price and hold an edge way better than most!
If some of you have a similar situation check this out they really do stand up to someone that has no clue to what a sharp knife really is http://www.radacutlery.com/?gclid=CJC-la2H0rsCFel9OgodkWUAqQ

·
Banned
0 Posts
i really don't have a favorite brand persay, but am partial to a few that i have had over the years.

Gerber. i have had many of them ranging in price and find them to be quite durable for most of my needs.

CRKT. very well made knives an one i started using a few years ago.

Frost Cutlery. very good knives with blades made from surgical steel. hard to sharpen, but are a tough blade.

Shrade/Uncle Henry/Old Timer. have had many of these in many different versions and probably more of these than any other brand of knife.

Case. enough said. truly a great knife IMO.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Just got back from a vacation to Oregon. Stopped by the benchmade factory,real friendly folk. The factory store was pretty wiped out bc of Christmas gifts,and usually everything is MSRP but they had a sale on clothing and %30 of all custom griptillians. Almost picked one up until I saw a box of serrated sheepsfoot black nitride griptillians in the corner,they were a discontinued model on sale for 60 bucks!

Got out of there with a hat,shirt and griptillian for $80 bucks!

161 - 180 of 211 Posts