What's your favorite inanimate target?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Shingles44, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Shingles44

Shingles44 New Member

I love going for old light bulbs from a few hundred yards. Once I was lucky enough to get my boss to let me "dispose" of an old Dell PowerEdge that had been giving me headaches for years. What do you guys like to shoot for jollies?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  2. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

Old tin cans, big brush piles, soon to my xbox.

S.S.

3. MrKimber

MrKimber New Member

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  4. Shingles44

Shingles44 New Member

LOL I was wondering how long it would take for the Tannerite guys to come out...

5. MrKimber

MrKimber New Member

Well, since I can walk over to his house the target of choice is obvious. :D

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

DO small furry cute Disney creatures count. If not, I like shooting clays (with my rifle) and steel gongs. Neither of which I can do at the rage I belong to now.

7. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Bowling Pin

Old Bowling Pins... a friend of mine own a Bowling Center and he keep some old pins, when we shoot in another friend's farm use the pins as targets. We hang them of a tree, and shoot from 25mts (82ft) with handguns, with rifle 100mts (328ft) They will take abuse for long time... well, with handguns... with a .308 only resist 2 or 3 shoots...:cool:

8. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Old cans of black powder get me pretty excited. Kaboom, take that Billy Mays.

9. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I took an old 25" TV out once and used my 12 gauge on it. Wish I could have had it hooked to a generator, but it was still fun. Also used the 12G on a five gallon sparklets bottle full of water. That was back when the bottles were glass. Very satisfying.
    JdP

10. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Those strike-anywhere matches. Set one up, done correctly, you can light it.:cool:

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I always liked shooting eggs for some reason with my rifles. They are a small target, about MOA at about 150 yards, and you get a resounding "splash" effect when you hit them. They are cheap, you can get them anywhere you are shooting, plus there is no residual damage to the poor wildlife when you are done. :rolleyes:

Something about that just always appealed to the trigger puller in me....

JD

12. ScottG

ScottG New Member

I use old soda cans and plastic bottles, clays, spinner targets and silhouettes on a target stand.

Maybe I'll get some cheap balloons and off brand sodas this summer for my nieces and nephew when they come out.

13. orangello

orangello New Member

Nobody said watermelons? I mean, c'mon didn't you learn anything from that Gallagher guy? If you can't stand to waste a watermelon, maybe a cantelope.

14. McNabb11b

McNabb11b New Member

Cans of shaving cream, I found a discarded case of Barbasol in a dumpster once. When you hit those bad boys with a .45 slug they will spin around and spray white foam all over the place. It's like a winter wonderland in June! :D

15. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

16. Shingles44

Shingles44 New Member

Completely off topic but I just noticed Benning Boy's quote... holy crap I almost soiled myself laughing.

17. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

18. user4

user4 New Member

Liberals. Yeah.

19. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I shoot anything that stops working around my house, old lawnmowers, cell phones, old washer and dryer. Shooting a dryer is like shooting a big "Shoot 'N' See, cause when you hit it the paint flakes off around the bullet hole. You can easily see your .22 LR holes at 100 yards. Then I filled the dryer and washer with scrap metal and recycled them at the scrap yard.

20. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Old cars that were stripped and dumped and the back access road of our ranch. Also, back in the day, and I dont reccomend anyone do this, propane tourch cylinders at 400 yards next to a beer can of burning gasoline. Quite the nice mushroom flame cloud. Hide behind something solid as much as possible; shrapnel can be a bitch.