What's your favorite buttstock?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by N5PZG, Apr 13, 2013.

1. N5PZG

N5PZG New Member

I'm having a tough time deciding which buttstock I want to put on my rifle. They all have pro's and con's. I like them all. Cost is not a problem. Tell me what your favorite buttstock is, and maybe why. Let me know the make and model, so I'm clear about which one your talking about.

2. mtnbadger

mtnbadger New Member

Do you mean the buttplate or the whole end of the stock

3. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I think Brazilian women have the best stock of butts! So I guess the Brazilian buttstock.

4. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

I kinda like Kaley Cuoco's buttstock.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Agreed......

6. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Just don't do the kardashian butt stock..... Won't be able to lift the damn rifle

7. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

My favorite stock is magpuls CTR. It's 6 position and locks so there's no play. I also like that I can put a Katie risr on it

8. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I like the "American" style synthetic buttstocks like my CZ-550 synthetic. Lighter material for long walks/carrying. Lighter the better in my opinion. Also makes it easier on the shoulder/back. Only downside is the recoil for the larger calibers.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      19 KB
      Views:
  9. j4454

j4454 New Member

I 2nd that opinion

10. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Oh ****, this is in the AR15 thread. Damn! Well, if you are looking a good hunting rifle stock........:eek:

11. pawjr74

pawjr74 New Member

Amen and a amen!

12. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I like the Magpul CTR and the Vltor E-mod for collapsible stocks. The firm lock up of the CTR combined with it's light weight is nice. The E-mod on a heavier biuild is nice and the cheekweld is good.

For fixed stocks I still haven't found one much better than the standard government ones. I personally like the A1 because it is slightly shorter and seems to fit me better for how I like to shoot.

13. Jake86

Jake86 New Member

I second the Brazilian Buttstock.....

14. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Another vote for the Magpul CTR, light and fits tight. I have three.

I'll have to check out the Brazilians though! Sounds like something I could use! :D

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  15. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

Quentin. you might check with your local Secret Service office. They are experts in the subject of South American buttstocks.

16. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

For the ultimate in lightweight, I'm with Q, CTR rules the nest.

For a better checkweld I'm liking the STR. Is a few oz more, but if can help balance a 16" barrel. The last 3 builds I've used them and I'm really liking them.

I had a Vltor Imod and it was good, but the STR doesn't pull my whiskers out if I forget to shave in the mornings (like I do 90% of the time)

I really like the UBR but its really really heavy, so I don't think I'll be using one anytime soon. Course if I have a 12.5 sbr with a nice can on it, a UBR might be the ticket.

Sopmods are great but I can't justify the expensive when there are soo many other comparable less and less expensive options out there.

17. N5PZG

N5PZG New Member

The whole end.

18. Jake86

Jake86 New Member

This right here is good to know. I have an I mod that I just picked up. I have facial hair and really don't want that same issue you spoke of.

19. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Damn autocorrect. It was supposed to be LaRue RISR

20. N5PZG

N5PZG New Member

Good feedback.