What's your favorite beer and why...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by rocshaman, Sep 12, 2012.

1. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

I consider myself something of a beer connoisseur, I was wondering if any of you folks feel the same way, or if you just prefer the good ol' American beers like Bud, Miller or Coors. Currently I'm really liking Guinness Draft, Sam Adams Boston Ale, and my fave, Saranac Black Forest. There aren't many German beers I'd turn down either.

2. astroman

astroman Supporting Member Supporter

my favorite beer is cold... :)
    but seriously, Sam Adams is one of my favs...Yuengling is another i drink quite regularly...

3. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

Is that Japanese?

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

cold beer, free beer then my beer! if i'm buying, usually Corona, sometimes Shiner Bock.:D

5. astroman

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    D.G. Yuengling & Son

Type Private
    Industry Alcoholic beverage
    Founded 1829 (as Eagle Brewery)
    Founder(s) David Yuengling
    Headquarters Pottsville, Pennsylvania, USA
    Products Beer
    Production output 2.5 million barrels
    Owner(s) Richard L. Yuengling, Jr.
    Website yuengling.com
    D. G. Yuengling & Son is the oldest operating brewing company in the United States, established in 1829. It is one of the largest breweries by volume in the country. Based on sales in 2011, Yuengling was tied with the Boston Beer Company, maker of Samuel Adams brands, as the largest American-owned brewery.[1] Its headquarters are in Pottsville, Pennsylvania.[2] Yuengling produces about 2.5 million barrels annually, operating two Pennsylvania facilities, and a brewery in Tampa, Florida.
    Yuengling is pronounced i/ˈjɪŋlɪŋ/ ying-ling, and is an Anglicized version of Jüngling, its founder's surname and the German term for "young man". Many Americans who aren't familiar with the brand often mistake it for a Chinese import because the name Yuengling sounds Chinese when pronounced correctly.
    The family-owned brewery has traditionally changed ownership through the purchase of the company by the offspring of the previous owner.[3] Due to the popularity of Yuengling Traditional Lager in Pennsylvania, it can be ordered by simply asking for a lager, especially in eastern parts of the state.[4]

6. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

Awesome, I'm trying one as soon as I can find one in this area.

7. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Hmmm, my favorite beer, ... let's see, what's this I have in my hand? Ah, Warsteiner Oktoberfest. Yeah, that's it, that's my favorite... until it's empty. Then I'm looking for a new favorite...

Actually my all-around favorite is Guinness Stout, but I'm easily distracted by the feel of a cold glass bottle...

8. astroman

Warsteiner is awesome - enjoyed many a pitcher at the Oktoberfest events...

9. DavidB

DavidB New Member

Favorite beer is red stripe. My wife and I enjoyed them on the beach in Jamaica and it just takes me back every time I pop one open. I also enjoy a lagunitas (spelling?) cappuccino stout with fried fish.

10. tri70

tri70 New Member

The one she hands me!:D

11. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I like stout beers and really like chocolate stout. When we were in Wisconsin I had a beer called Eastside I believe from Lakefront Brewery. It was very tasty.

12. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

that's pretty close to being free beer!:D

13. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I don't drink beer anymore, but when I did, I liked pilsners. Lots of hop flavor. Warsteiner was a favorite.
    I liked stouts too, but on a hot day, nothing like a pilsner in a tall glass.

14. jackrich3

jackrich3 Active Member Supporter

Amen to Yuengling Lager. The PA water has alot to do with the good taste, but since living in the Tampa Bay area, I gotta wonder where the Tampa brewery gets theirs because the water around here ain't fit to drink.

15. tshoot91

tshoot91 New Member

Becks is one of my all time favor beers. I enjoy a Heineken if out to dinner. I also like to try the different varieties of the Great Lakes Brewing Company located in Cleveland; look for them next time your at the store if you are unfamiliar. ;)

16. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Yuingling coors original warsteiner dunkle Sam Adams Boston lager stone brewing company has a great ipa and a bastard ale that's stout. Some of my favorites.

17. camel934

camel934 New Member

Warsteiner is good! I got to tour the brewery when I lived in Germany. I used to always drink Dusseldorf Alt when I lived there. A very dark beer and you need to acquire a taste for it. And it will definitely drop you to your knees quickly if you're not used to it. I don't drink as much as I used to (or I'd be dead by now...lol). I really don't like the bitter beers much. Usually something cold is fine with me. Actually, I plan on trying to make some beer this fall. I've made wine for years, so I'll give beer a try

18. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

I like beer, all kinds. Picking a favorite is tough depending on the occasion or time of year.

In general I like Sam Adams Boston Ale & Lager.

On my to do list is brewing my own. Problem is that every time I'm close to forking out the money something breaks in the house which has priority.

19. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

Or I find a gun I can't live without.

20. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

The Best. Beer. Ever.

Mendocino Brewing Company has a great selection of awesome beers, but my favorite is this one (8% alcohol):

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012