Whats your EDC set up?

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by ThinkFastHolsters, Dec 19, 2011.

1. ThinkFastHolsters

ThinkFastHolsters New Member

What's up guys? Haven't posted in a while and wanted to get some input from you veteran FTF bloggers and even the n00bs like myself. What do you guys have in your Every day carry rig? I'll start.

-Springfield XD .40 service model in a concealment solutions Black Mamba IWB holster.
    -2 mags (24 rounds) of hornady TAP
    -Gerber multi tool
    -kershaw volt II folder
    -smith and wesson extreme ops folder (back up knife)
    -stream light polytac led flashlight

Let's see what you got!

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Smith model 65-2 4"barrel in a don hume JIT slide holster. Prints like the government prints worthless money. I don't care. I don't carry reloads, because I haven't invested in any speed loaders or pouches to carry them. Only part of the reason being, because I intend to get a 1911 in about a month and a half, and if I do the smith will probably be used mostly for range duty. The other part being because I just really don't think I would need reloads. How often do chicken $H!T coward criminals run as soon as shots are fired in their direction? I've seen and heard of very few that actually stand and fight, and I'm (maybe stupidly) kind of inadvertently counting on that one wild variable. Kind of a "do as I say, not as I do" kind of thing.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

currently i take my wallet cellphone car/truck keys. in addition to that i take my work ID and work keys when im working. when im not working i carry my colt new agent in a galco iwb holster and one spare 7 round mag loaded with 230grn fmj the gun itself holds 230 grain awc HP.

if i end up with a xdm 45acp 3.8 it will replace my new agent.

4. ThinkFastHolsters

ThinkFastHolsters New Member

What about everyone's "extras"? anyone carry lights, folders, multi tools, etc? That's just as important. After all our pistols are just survival tools. We need other tools to supplement that.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

Lights? I rarely go out at night, I'm of the opinion that nothing good happens after dark. If I'm out, I'm in will lit areas. I keep a 4D mag next to the bed at home.

Folder? I've always got a knife, usually more than one, and almost always one of them is a fixed blade.

Multi tool? I'm never far from home or truck, and both are well stocked with tools.

I'm not a very tacticool person. I personally don't subscribe to the school of carry everything but the kitchen sink. I don't knock those that do, and I understand the utility of lights and multi tools, but if I need to fix something, it can wait until morning.

6. subie-jeep

subie-jeep New Member

CW9/LCP
    Kershaw Clash
    Streamlight PT1L

I mostly just carry the light in the winter months because its still dark when I get to work and I sometimes don't get to go home 'till after sunset.

7. Malcap

Malcap Member

People carry a plethora of various arrangements. Some rotate items due to season or mission. Presently a Smith 9 Shield with CTC Green Laserguard Sight, Mags expanded to one additional round each via the Magguts double spring kit, a BladeTech IWB Holster with Ulticlip, wallet chuck full of cards, house keys on a Kubaton, standard cell phone, one extra ProMag ten round magazine, car keys with remote when driving, custom Rx bifocal sunglasses, khaki vest for extra crap, lip balm, handkerchief, Ace pocket comb, quarters for parking meters and baseball cap as required and my wife for "back-up."

8. Donn

Donn Active Member

Shield 9, two spare mags.
    Cell phone.
    CRKT M16-12ZE.
    Kershaw Leek. Not really a back-up knife. It's easy handling, and I like it.
    Gerber multi-tool.
    Wallet, money, keys.

9. Malcap

Malcap Member

Yep and I usually forget to include my knife and carry it. Spyderco Matriarch 2, and Harpy plus a few others. No automatic knives allowed here which would apply to the assists and even gravity knives. No knife over four inches allowed by local laws.

10. Minorcan

Minorcan Member

XDS 45 acp in a Nemesis carried in strong side pocket or in a King Tuck IWB at 4:00.

I also carry two spare mags and a Kershaw assisted opening knife.

I've tried other setups but this works best for me.

11. Malcap

Malcap Member

I like the XDS 45 in the Nemesis pocket. I didn't know it would fit well in a pocket holster and pocket. I used to carry my J-Frame in a Nemesis. I only switched to a Remora pocket because I gave the Nemesis away to a colleague. I sometimes do that if I see someone who could use a replacement. I gave my Galco Ankle Glove to a colleague who had shoulder surgery who needed an ankle rig. I guess I'm like "Santa Holster Claus."

12. Minorcan

Minorcan Member

The XDS 45 works for me as a pocket carry. I'm 6'1" and 240ish. I do wear long-rise pants which have deeper pockets with wider openings. I wear them for comfort, the deeper pockets are a fringe benefit. Even when pocket carrying I wear a gun belt. It does help combat the added weight of the gun and ammo so my pants don't fall off LOL.

13. jk2010

jk2010 New Member

I carry a glock 19 in a gear craft holster Kershaw oh so sweet and a cheap flashlight untill I can get the cash for a stream light also car keys and wallet I do keep a shtf bag in my trunk just full of extra clothes medical stuff like splints bandages aspirin peroxide stuff of that nature

14. Malcap

Malcap Member

How do you guys feel about carrying a backup handgun even though we EDC quite a bit of items in our vests, etc., "walking man-bag" outfits?

15. Minorcan

Minorcan Member

I don't carry a spare pistol. I have 100% confidence in my EDC or it won't be my EDC. I have two XDS weapons one with a few thousand rounds through it and no FTF issues. I also have 1911s with the same reliability I carry sometimes. If it fails its a range gun.

16. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I (usually) carry a SIG P320 9MM in a Galco Shoulder rig. I carry a pocket knife, usually a Spyderco Military, but that's a tool, not a weapon.

Since I turned in my badge, I've never felt the need for a BUG or spare mags when I have 16 rounds of 9BPLE in the weapon.:)

17. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

Shield in a Talon appendix holster (although I carry at 5 o'clock), Walmart special 721 Buck (aluminum slimline frame), wallet, Maui Jims and iPhone 6. I like to travel light!

18. Malcap

Malcap Member

There's EDC and the there's EDC with backup config. My local rules won't allow a BUG, even though I'm retired as LEO. My old service Smith 5946 DAO, 16 rounder which I call a "mall gun" is reliable, sturdy and HEAVY. At the PD I was instructed with the thought that the fastest reload is a backup gun, the Old NY Load. This was because we were switching to semis from revolvers. For those who feel a BUG is not an option, there's also backup edged weapons, such as the Tactical Defense Institute Ka-Bar weak hand knives. I usually forget to carry my "daily" knife.