whats your day job?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dcp1987, Mar 6, 2009.

1. dcp1987

dcp1987 New Member

soo what do you all do for a living?

for the past 2 1/2 years ive been an electrician (not licensed yet)
    im looking into going to school for gunsmithing but im not sure how that will pan out.

2. Chester

Chester New Member

I'm a Truck Driver, i get to ride around all day and listen to sports talk on the FM. And no way do i look at women who pass by nekked. By the way i am licensed

3. Stainless

Stainless New Member

licensed to look at nekked women? where do ya git one a' them (either a license or a nekked woman)?

what kinda class work and home work would you have to study for the license?:D

4. Glockmaniac

Glockmaniac New Member

mmhéhé, i'm a truck driver too. i turn around the city and during waiting time i either clean my guns or play drums inside my bunk....very harassing job...:D.

on the week-ends, i play drums in a band, we do some clubbing but it's mainly for fun....but i'd like to play full time for a living...:)

Attached Files:

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I am a CTT or Computer tech and trainer. I am a low level network admin. Oh yah I work in an elementary school.....

6. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Im in the Telcom trade. Started in 1991 got my contracting liscense in 2002. Mostly has been utility company work AT&T, Verison, Surewest,etc...(regulated side). Specilize in outside plant construction and maintance (aerial, ground, and underground). Lately has been mostly college campuses, military bases, air ports, Citiy and County work, and large commercial expansion projects.(deregulated side). Lots of copper splicing, some fiber splicing, and lots of travel. Having a contraction liscense makes it more than a day job. 12 to 18 hour days bidding the jobs, working the jobs, invoicing the jobs, sometimes squirrelly employees and inspectors, and sometimes collecting my money. Also, the family business, small time land development. (only way we'll have a retirement)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  7. BPond

BPond New Member

I was a CNC machinist for 7 years, and have been doing the programming for the past two. My favorite parts were gimbal mounts for Raytheon. They make all da missiles!:D

Hopefully, they've been put to good use by now.:cool:

8. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Direct G & M coding is becoming a lost art due to CAM software. Creating a CAM post is not programming.

I hope some of the stuff I did for 8-1/2 years is never used, because they went on nuclear missles.

I know some of the stuff I used to make is being used on the Predator II.

Some stuff I can not even talk about, ever.

I would never attempt to make a lower receiver or any other serialed part for any firearm on my own, and I would never post it anywhere.

9. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I wish I had a mysterious job like skullcrusher:(.

I'm in the construction field and I am working towards my ultimate contractors license. I have been through the police academy and am waiting for the economy to turn around so I can get a job as a police officer.

10. Chester

Chester New Member

They Come from everywhere, Just riding down the road. You wouldn't beleive the things we see, Sometimes i don't beleive what i see.

The license comes from the state it's called a CDL.

11. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

I'm just a run of the mill, full time, Technical Sergeant in the Montana Air National Guard with a RED HORSE unit.

I do alot of things which I will not divulge, but when I'm not busy trying to cover up crashed space aliens, my duties take me all over the world.

So far I've been to:

Germany (multiple locations)
    New Foundland
    Italy
    Portugal
    Azores
    Turkey (multiple locations)
    Persian Gulf (multiple locations)
    Iraq
    All over the United States

Not a bad deal so far. 11 years into it, and I plan on going at least 20-24 years and retiring. Once I retire, I plan on doing something like a hunting or fishing guide. If that doesn't work out, I'll get a part time job at a gun shop (talk about fun work...lol).

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I'm a retired GM Mechanical Engineer (Test and development)
    I spent 1/3 of my career at the Milford MI Proving Ground.
    1/3 at the Tech Center in Warren, MI and the last
    1/3 flying all over the world as an Application Engineer selling GM engines to the marine industry. (Merc, Volvo, OMC, MasterCraft.....) I was on the team that developed fuel injection for for the marine industry. I had test boats in the Keys, Marine patrol boats in Maine and Orange Co. Kali. We had a test facility in Punta Gorda FL so when the water got hard in Michigan we just moved South.

13. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Piledriver L.U.2235 Pittsburgh,PA

14. LongRifles Inc.

LongRifles Inc. New Member

I'm a full time gunmaker who's been on a 3 year sabbatical as a security contractor in Iraq.

15. propex

propex New Member

Transportation Manager for an Environmental Supply Co

16. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

I'm a hand on a diamond drill.

17. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I operate various types of heavy equipment in a limestone quarry. Skidsteers, backhoes, loaders, excavators, and very large dumptrucks. I get paid to sit behind the wheel of a $500,000 truck with 550 Hp and haul rock and listen to rock music all day.

I drive one like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeY8aN3fpx0]YouTube - 2005 KOMATSU HM300-1 ARTICULATED OFF ROAD DUMP[/ame]

18. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I used to run one of[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_rxvdXIw7Q"] these.[/ame] My boss used to yell at me because I could pack 2x as much dirt in my as it was rated to carry. I also ran front end loaders, track hoes, bobcats, D4, D6, D7, and D8 dozers and Cat 963 track loaders. Ran some off road trucks for a while as well. The scraper and the track loader were the most fun.

19. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

20. thebiggie32

thebiggie32 New Member

I an electrical engineering student with a part time job of making and testing ham radio amplifiers. It's boring but someone has to do it.