Whats your choice

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by jcd390, Oct 30, 2012.

1. jcd390

jcd390 New Member

Alright guys, I have been debating between two guns the Sig P226 or Beretta M9. I am leaning towards getting the Sig P226 however I am having a hard time swallowing 1k for a handgun. So, I have the option of purchasing the Sig P226 or purchase a Beretta M9 and Springfield XD (which I am also interested in) for the same price. What would you do?

2. AsSeenOnTV

AsSeenOnTV New Member

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

Of the three, I've only shot the Beretta. I love it. Never had a problem with it in the service. However, it has a super fat grip for a 9MM. So fat, that even chambered in 9MM, I have a hard time holding onto it; although, I have no trouble at all shooting my .45 1911 all day.

Sigs fit my hand beautifully, like a glove, although I've never owned or shot one. Like you, I have a hard time dropping that much coin on a gun.

The Xd, again, never owned or shot one, but have handled a few. Like the grip, but the trigger guard feels obscenely cramped to me. I have small hands for a man, and I felt like I was having a hard time getting my trigger finger inside the guard while I was handling it.

4. jcd390

jcd390 New Member

Lets just put it, I should have never picked up the Sig. It fits like a glove and feels AWESOME. But I am split between buying just one gun that is a beast or buy two guns that I love as well for the price of one......

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

Ask yourself this:

How many guns can I shoot at one time?

No problem with having more than one, but do you need/want one now, or two?

6. SatoriNoir

SatoriNoir New Member

I'll play devil's advocate and suggest a Sig Sauer P210 Legend instead.

7. jcd390

jcd390 New Member

Nice! However, now I just doubled my budget...:(

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

Xdm in 9mm is pretty damn sweet its a different feel and ergonomic setup than a xd. Coming in at 19+1 factory mags is nothing to sneeze at inthe firepower arena. Two spare mags and your sporting 58 rounds of problem solving.

I like the xdm better than both the sig 226 and m9

9. jcd390

jcd390 New Member

JonM, thanks for the info, however you suck! JK. After looking at it online and reading a couple of reviews now you really got me thinking about the XDM in lieu of all the others! Thanks!

10. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I have both the P226 and the 92.

I would trust my life to either.

11. Dionysus03

Dionysus03 New Member

I agree with the XDM 9mm. Love it and carry it every day. Feels great to fire and conceals well. No complaints with it. Though I would like to get a smooth faced trigger and some night sights. Great gun out of the box.

12. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

If your considering an xdm, why not the M&P. Also id highly recommend testing out a CZ. I love the way they feel in my hand. I just can't. Shoot them.

When considering my first handgun I tried out a sig 226/229, beretta 92, glock, xd, m&p, cz, fn9, 1911 9mm, EMP, and a couple others, the CZ felt the best in hand. I shot the $2500 SA 1911 perforamnce center with 2 oz trigger the best (go figure right? >.< ) and the Glock the second best. I went for the glock and now on my....7th I'm starting to look again for another on to add to the herd. Btw let us know what you went with!

13. jcd390

jcd390 New Member

Going with the XDm!

14. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Gratz! Didya already get it? Where's the pron?

Ya'll are so lucky, you wouldn't even belive the hoops we need to jump through to get a xdm in cali.

15. Garadex

Garadex New Member

It's ridiculous bull.

16. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

I'd go with the Beretta, but hten again I am biased. I never met a Beretta I didn't like and they all seem to show superior craftsmanship and reliability. Let us kno wwhat you decided.. We all love the pics.

17. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I KNOW RITE?

anyways, OP rest assured, you have the envy of just about every handgunner here in Kommiefornia.

gratz again!:D

Now....where are the pictures!!!:rolleyes:

18. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I believe both are DA/SA triggers, the M9 is AWESOME and Sig unbeatable. However, for the cost, the Beretta is the superior piece in my eyes. Same quality and followup service for better price; no contest or comparison.

19. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I had both the Beretta and sig 226 dark elite. Sold the Beretta and kept the sig. The Beretta was just so large for a 9mm. Not too big for my hand but just a large heavy gun. I don't know how people say its too big to hold onto. I have small Med pudgy hands and it fit and felt perfect. Got rid of it for a m&p15-22 and 400.00 extra dollars. Couldn't pass it up.

20. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

What no love for the beretta 90-two?

I had one, got the skinnier grips for it, it was nice, but, I shoot glocks better, and sold it to fund my 10mm 6" long slide project.

Here's sum pix of my ex girlfriend, I should have never let he go.....she was a beautiful raven italian bambino! /sniff

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

please note the slimmer grip profile, and the thoroughly modern design.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012