What's your BUG?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Gojubrian, May 4, 2011.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Or do you carry one? I don't, but I'm considering a small pocket gun of some sort.
    How about a taurus? :D
    Post em if you got em!

2. hogrider

hogrider New Member

Been carrying a Ruger LCP for about a year now.

3. WDB

WDB New Member

I found mine recently S&W 642, light, small and still shoting .38 spl +P. I changed the grip to full size and I CC this small of the back. The stock grips make it an easy pocket pistol just leaves you with a half hand on the pistol.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  4. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I carry the Taurus TCP380. Shown here next to my Walther P22

Attached Files:

5. yellowhand

yellowhand New Member

Taurus 85

I've carried a Taurus Model 85 for over ten years in an ankle holster, since my wife took my SW J frame, she liked the fact it was stainless not blued, said it LOOKED better than her blue J frame:)LOL
    Got some Uncle Mike grips on it, shoots MOM (10 inches) or so at 20 to 30 feet.
    Good weapon.

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Hey doc, how has the Taurus worked for you? Any issues?

7. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Spitty it shoots and handles great. No FTF or FTE problems and it eats everything I feed it. I carry it over my XD40 just because it's so light.

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG]

Elsie (but I load it!)

9. doctherock

doctherock New Member

10. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Elsie is hot but she won't fit in my pocket.

11. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Thats the best thing about the Taurus, that and they make a wallet holster for it that you can draw and fire the weapon in.

12. doctherock

doctherock New Member

13. SK2344

SK2344 New Member

I'm Bug Free!

I don't carry a so called BUG but I sometimes carry a Taurus TCP .380 in a Pocket Holster at my work. I work part time Security and we are not allowed to carry guns at work, subject to dismissal. I refuse to work a Security Job unarmed so I carry the Taurus TCP. My EDC is a Glock 36 in AIWB Holster with no BUG.

14. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

My primary carry is an LCP that I was planning to make a BUG once I get my holster and start carrying a 1911 for my primary.

However, I've decided that if I can manage to carry my 1911 as my primary, I will not use the LCP as my BUG. Instead I'm going to get the smallest 1911 in .45 ACP I can find and ankle carry it.

I like this idea because A) It will be one less caliber to stock, B) It's the easiest carry option for me in a vehicle, C) my extra mags will work in either my primary or BUG D) it's the same platform as my primary so less chance of a mistake or delay, etc. from switching platforms or grabbing the wrong mag for the gun.

15. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Thats not going to be a very comfortable ankle carry piece. Even in compact it will be hard to hide unless you have huge kankles.

16. ki4dmh

ki4dmh New Member

Mine is a G-27

17. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

I have large hands and the pocket pistols are impossible for me, so, my BUG is a snubbie revolver and is either my S&W 638 or my Taurus 85UL spurless:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I would like to get me one of those revolvers someday but they are down the list a bit.

19. blueridgerunner

blueridgerunner New Member

No BUG. I will be happy to get the primary into operation.:rolleyes:

20. dutchmaster

dutchmaster New Member

I have two - a Taurus TCP .380 and a NAA .22mag. Mini-revolver. A lot of folks say both are not "proper" self-defense loads, but lets look at the ballistics of both calibers... The .22 magnum in CCI maxi-mag loads have 1850 fps muzzle velocity, and 325 ft lbs of energy! I wouldn't want to be shot with one, would you? Now look the .380, the Hornady and Federal PD JHP's are rated at 1000 fps Muzzle velocity and 200 ft lbs of energy. Not in the 9mm range, but still lethal none the less. Besides these two "bugs" I have a Rossi 46102 .357 mag 6 shooter, a Taurus PT709 9mm, and a Taurus PT145 in .45 acp. I alternate my EDC depending upon weather conditions, but I'm partial to my Rossi. I carry Hornady 125 gr. PD FTX rds in it, their rated at 1500 fps MV and 625 ft lbs of ME. That sorta-kinda overshadows the .45 acp rd., doesn't it? :)