What's Your Beef?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by CA357, Oct 23, 2009.

1. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

This afternoon I spent several hours sanding and stripping and removing rust from an assortment of garden tools; a shovel, spading fork, three rakes, and a really neat hand rake. I also had to throw out a nice Corona rose pruner as it was beyond help.

Here's my beef; my wife leaves tools out to rust and or loses them. I'm not sure how many Corona hand pruners she's let rust and ruined and then lost. I think she lent the loppers to her friend. I'm not sure as I haven't seen them for a year.

So, this weekend, my project is to restore the aforementioned tools and to rehab the wheelbarrow. The wood is extremely dry and the barrow is quite rusted.

I love my wife and don't bug her about this stuff because in the scheme of things it's not that big of a deal, but it's one of my pet peeves.

What's yours?

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Ah, the constant "Have you seen my _____?"

I love my wife and have no regrets for the 'I Do' I pledged nearly 43 years ago but......why would I know where your left taupe sandal is? The location of your car keys or sunglasses? I supply her with a pack of bic pens about once a month but she is always asking "Have you seen my pen?"

Not much of a beef, I'm blessed.

Except for that dog fart thing!

3. WDB

WDB New Member

My beef is a simple one (at least as I see it). Put things back where they belong after use and then you won't have to ask me wher they are. If you ask me where your keys are and they aren't on the key hook then have a good time looking for them. Retrace your steps (act it out if it helps) with luck you will find your keys but don't involve me. I know where my keys are, on the key hook, where they belong.

Only other beef would be "remember that movie, person or time in life" that you don't recall the details of but expect I should. No! if you don't know the details why get on me for not filling in the blanks.

Best is call my cell phone so I can hear it ring and find it. If I said I had no idea where my cell phone was it would be shock and awe.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  4. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Let me start by saying I have three kids(two girls and my little man) and my beautiful wife. There is WAY too much estrogen in my house.

CRYING

Thats my pet peeve. Women(girls) cry over anything. It drives me nuts.

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Hey I will trade you my son. He starts crying when I tell him that he missed a problem on his math home work. It then takes 30 minutes to calm the kid down enough to have him fix his mistake.

6. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Deal. Come pick 'em up. Two girls for the boy right? That's a damn deal. You get to put up with the damn shampoo, makeup and tampons...

7. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

License plates with "10s" anywhere on them.

8. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

My beef? I am the only one in my family of in-laws, that has a pickup truck. Every time some one needs to haul, move or pull something, my truck and trailer becomes available. It's hell being the favorite son-in-law.....for the wrong reasons. :( Damn worthless SUVs. :rolleyes:

Jack

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Jack there's a great bumper sticker for your problem: "Yes it's my truck, No I won't help you move". Every pickup should have one. ;)

10. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

I tend to live by the "If I leave it out, I'm going to use it again soon!" theory and inevitably my wife will pass through a room and put everything away.

Granted, it looks better having things stored away; but I can't figure out even after 30 of marriage what organizational theory she applies when putting things away?

I've found my channel locks and dikes, cordless drill motor and drill index in the laundry cabinets, my 25' tape measure in the kitchen drawer where the batteries and matches are?

The house looks great all the time, I just can't find anything and have to ask her where my things ended up...."Honey have you seen my (enter tool, book, hearing protection, firearm, etc. here)?" God, I love this woman!!

11. M14sRock

M14sRock Active Member

My wife is the sexiest woman I've ever met, but she is so flipping CARELESS!!!

Loses everything, breaks everything, forgets everything. Jeez. The worst part is that my daughter is picking up the "careless gene".

My wife caught a big box of Milk Bones on fire once with the stove. They were on the kitchen counter next to the stove top (warned her about that a few times). She turned on the range full blast and the flame lit the box. Then she walked away because she did not notice the flames coming from the box. Ended up with a scorched counter top, scorched cabinets, and smoked out ceiling in the kitchen. She noticed the smoke wafting into the living room and went to investigate. Oops.

I got out of the shower to see a smoke FILLED house, only to find her in the backyard.

Stuff like this happens all the time.

Feels like a full time battle of wills around Chez Rock. But she does make me laugh.

Carelessness is my pet peeve.

12. Glockmaniac

Glockmaniac New Member

wife and i we have a rabbit as house pet...along with 2 cats,that rabbit is very nice and fine , playing with our 2 cats all the time, she's very clean , never leave any crap on the floor , waiting to get back in her cage to do her things....but my wife forget to feed the rabbit all the time, i find the rabbit constantly out of water and seed.

i'm supposed to take care of the cats and their litterbox myself , that's it!!...lolol, she know i'm going to look at it, so she just rely on me to take care of HIS rabbit, no big deal, we have fun all the time togheter, she's even a pretty good shooter.

20 years togheter and i never looked back, we still have loads of fun.

13. wst tx hunter

wst tx hunter New Member

what about the people that go out and pay thousands of dollars for a truck with all the bells and whistles(4x4.big tires,nav,TV,etc)but when they want to haul something they want to borrow your old workhorse because they dont want to scratch the bed on thiers ,or wont go down a dirt or muddy road for fears of getting it dirty.BUY A CAR.

14. wst tx hunter

wst tx hunter New Member

I got off track of the wife rants,it would take me too long and wear out my typeing fingers(index fingers).besides,without rants being married would probably get kinda boreing.

15. Shooter girl

Shooter girl New Member

People that dress their pets in clothes. I mean they have fur for a reason.

16. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

My wife NEVER knows what to wear....EVER. I always get asked what she should wear and I'm expected to come and stand in front of her closet and stare at the sea of clothing and pick something out. How the heck do I know what you should wear?? Sunday's before church is the worst!

17. Shooter girl

Shooter girl New Member

Odds are that she really doesn't want you to pick out what she is going to wear. Just pop in there and paitently help her out. Now if you were to actually pick out something she likes then you would probably get some serious suck up points.

18. David26

David26 New Member

I feel your pain. I got three daughters my wife and even a female dog agianst just me and my 2 year old son. Seems like the nagging
    argueing and crying never stop

19. Shooter girl

Shooter girl New Member

But you wouldn't know what to do with yourself if it stopped.

20. slowryde45

slowryde45 New Member

Hmmmm...I'd have to say one of the few pet peeves that I do have would be the wife's constant babying and catering to her basset hound. I know, no big deal, but the constant baby talk, buying halloween and X'mas costumes, etc. Not to mention if he even whimpers (constantly if she's around) she'll stop whatever it is we're doing (and I do mean 'whatever' :mad:) and run to see if he's ok.

Now...I do know that it's because she never had any kids, so that is just all that maternal caring that has to go somewhere. We met right after high school, then lost contact for almost 28 years (military has a way of re-assigning folks all over the friggin' world, so crap like that happens). But when I did find her again, I married her 6 months after, and have been together happily for the last 5 yrs. In between, we both married and divorced, I have one son who I raised as a single parent when the ex- missed party life more than family life. But the wife never had any kids. So her bassets are her babies. Gawd help me, if anything ever happens to one of them, and I'm the only one home with them.