What's your area of expertise/ interest?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Winchester94, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

Most people who own or enjoy firearms era/gun type/ manufacturer/ etc. that they are more interested and have more knowledge about. Most also have some guns of that type in their collection. What's your favorite and what's your favorite gun of the type?
    My favorite are military and law enforcement side arms from black powder revolvers up to around the Vietnam War era. As I've only been able to get handguns recently, mine is my Waltger P1.

2. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

3. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I'm not sure it's an area of expertise or special interest, but I do know that my eyes are first drawn to Colt automatics or Smith and Wesson Revolvers; I prefer guns made before the 1970's.

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I know a little about a lot and a lot about a little. I am an expert at nothing. :(

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I know my way around black powder firearms and the more modern military/ Leo stuff. Throw an old Mauser or something at me and I may not be able to identify it, but if parts are available I can still fix it.
    I built a nambu from a box of gun, but wouldn't say I specialize in them.
    Obviously I specialize in Glock, but you give me any modern firearm and I'll rip it apart and put it back together.
    If I had to state a favorite to date, I'd say the kriss vector. That is just an awesome platform. Such a cool gun.

6. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Flintlocks to AK-47s.:)

7. Artbrownsr

Artbrownsr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I call myself a multitool as I'm good at a lot of things but not great at anything.

8. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

I totally agree. I've got a Diamondback and Woodsman Match Target. They're two of my favorite guns I own.

9. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

All guns, but I have a very keen interest in oddities, experimental firearms, failed firearms, rare firearms, and homebuilds.

10. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

I love old Mauser handguns. They're one of my particular favorite manufacturers. Though I've never had one apart. Sadly, it's very rare I find a Mauser pistol anywhere in my area

11. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

These interest me too. I've always wanted to get good look at a Dardick. But I've only ever seen pictures.

12. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I got one for sale if your interested ;) Its a very fun platform and everyone ooohhsss and aaahhhhsss at it when I get it out at the range .

Im just finding that I have fallen for the AK type platform and moving this one to try to get my hands on a Dragunov in 7.62X54,
    Simplicity at its finest , I have went to the dark side

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  13. Artbrownsr

Artbrownsr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

WWI & WWII Milsurps. Started when my wife and daughter went to a charity gunshow at the local Lions club about 15 years ago, she came back and gave me a 1912 SMLE #1 MkIII.
    I've sinc added another built in 1956, VZ24, 03A3, M38 , and looking for more as I can afford and be confident of quality and ability to still function. I'm NOT looking for wall hangers, and there is a lot of them available!

14. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lol. Way outside my price range at the moment.

15. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

I'm like you, I love actually shooting those old guns.

16. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

I'm like you, I love actually shooting those old guns.

17. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Battle Rifles....................

18. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Look on youtube for LifeSizePotato.
    That lucky guy has almost every oddity collector's dream!
    I really like the metaba MTR-8

19. Winchester94

Winchester94 New Member

I've watched his Dardick video before, actually.
    Isn't that a semiautomatic revolver?

20. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

thats for sure! :p