What's your addiction?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by winds-of-change, Nov 8, 2012.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Okay, I'm not a very girly girl. In fact, I'm more 'guy' than not. (And I don't mean that in a sexual way.) But I love nail polish and painting my nails. Here is a picture of my nail polish collection. There are 33 bottles but that includes base and top coat. :eek: You name the color, I have it. From white to black and everything in between. Besides, nail polish hides the dirt under your nails. :p

[​IMG]

I also love kitchen gadgets. I have Crock Pots in various shapes and sizes. I even have one that is a 9"x11" casserole dish Crock Pot. I have a deep fryer, a George Foreman type grill, a sandwich cooker, rice cooker, a hand held Orek mixer that could knead bread, a single serving blender for smoothies and even a salad shooter (remember those?). I have cast iron skillets and a stainless steel cook set. One of my favorite items is a baking stone.

I'm sure I'll think of more 'addictions' I have and when I do I'll post them here.

Anything you ladies like that you go overboard on but gives you a little happiness?

2. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

I like t shirts, I probably have enough t shirts I could wear a different one every day for a couple of months, I also like jackets and hoodies and hats, but mostly t shirts.

3. shadamai

shadamai New Member

Some people think I take too many photos (if there is even such a thing, lol.) I have a good camera, nice collection of lenses, a few lights, etc. I guess it runs in the family, as there are actually 3 of us who are really into photography. When my youngest brother graduated, they said he had his own paparazzi.

4. Shannon1976

Shannon1976 New Member

Guns are my addiction. I have actually sold some jewlery about a year ago so I could buy another one. Outside of that ....holsters

5. Shannon1976

Shannon1976 New Member

Like winds I am not a girly girl either. I like the spa, facials, ect. but I wouldn't trade a day on the range for any of them.

6. Cinderocka1989

If I have the money, I'll take a day at the range over most things, during the winter it's a tough decision between that and my snowboard.

7. winds-of-change

I wish I could afford more guns. I soooo badly want a Henry Lever Youth Model and I would be beyond happy to get an AR-15. I am currently unemployed and making ends meet is a thrill right now. :eek:

Shannon, tell me a little about your guns. I only have three, a GP100 revolver, stainless steel, 6" barrel. I love that gun and it was my first gun.

[​IMG]

My second gun is a stainless steel Mark II with a bushnell 2-6x32 scope and beautiful valquartsen grips.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My last purchase was a Sig P238 Lady Model.

[​IMG]

I like each of them. I don't have any long guns but I hope soon. I do have a stash of money I was saving for the Henry Lever Youth (I'm under 5' and have a LOP of only 12"). I'm afraid to buy a rifle right now with that money because I'm afraid I might need it to live on while unemployed.

8. Cinderocka1989

Winds, if you ever want someone to take that 238 off your hands let me know. :)

9. Shannon1976

Shannon1976 New Member

I just bought a 20 gauge mossberg 510 youth. I am also VERY short bearly five feet. That gun fits me like a glove, I highly recommend it if your looking for something to hunt with. Hey, if you buy something to hunt with you can fill that freezer for a few months lol. Honestly, I hunt but haven't got anything this year but my husband has saved us alot of money with one deer. It helps alot. I am unemployed at the moment so anyway I can save a dollar I take advantage of it.
    I have a new phone so I don't have many pictures on it yet but tomorrow I promise to do that. Any chance I get to show my guns I take advantage of it :p . And btw your collection is beautiful. You have alot of great pieces, I envy you. I would love to have some more hand guns!!

10. winds-of-change

I like ya, Cinder, but no way on God's green earth am I selling that gun. :)
    She's a beauty, indeed. But you got yourself a nice Sig 9mm. I wavered back and forth on the .238 and the 9 mm. I still want a 9mm because they are so much cheaper to shoot. Don't go lusting after my Sig when you have an awesome Sig of your own. :p

I don't like shooting shotguns. They hurt but I think it's because I've never shot one with the correct LOP for me. If you can't shoulder them right it's gonna hurt! I am new to guns, only been shooting for about 2.5 years now and I am a dyed in the wool animal lover. I have never shot an animal yet but I'm not saying I never would. My fear about hunting is that I will not be a good shot and the animal would suffer. If I could guarantee myself I could drop it on the first shot, I do think I'd hunt. If I see an animal in pain I freak and if I knew it was in pain because of me I think I'd have nightmares. :( But I don't say "never" because I was very anti-gun until about 3 years ago and I thought I'd 'never' shoot any gun, either. Funny, how we evolve in different aspects as we go through life.

11. Cinderocka1989

I actually have 2 SIG 9mms now. :D Both of which I love dearly. I'm just sad they discontinued the lady model. They don't make it in the 938 or the 238 at all anymore.

I'm glad you like yours. Maybe one day I'll find one.

12. winds-of-change

You probably will. I wanted a Ruger Mark II really bad. They don't make them anymore. I resigned myself to the fact I'd get a Mark III. Then JonM here offered to sell me his Mark II as he had one sitting in the back of his gun safe that he never shot anymore. He wanted the Mark III because it had a threaded barrel and he put a suppressor on it. I can't tell you how excited I was to have someone sell me their Mark II. The same will happen with you and the Sig P238 Lady, I'm sure.

13. Cinderocka1989

My biggest addiction is tools, helps that it's part of my job, good excuse to buy things.

14. bubbles_g44

bubbles_g44 New Member

Sure would be nice if my husband thought that woman should have and own guns I LOVE SHOOTING and am a pretty good shot. I am new here and wounder how woman feel when a man thinks his wife shouldn't know anything, just trust he will take care of everything when it comes down to the dirt of America?

15. Cinderocka1989

I'd tell you what I think but I'm not exactly tactful....

Maybe Winds can put more gentle than me.

16. winds-of-change

I would be very upset if my husband didn't treat me as an equal. For the record, I am not married but I have been. I don't like to feel 'inferior' to my man. I am as capable to do most anything a man can do. I have been single now for about 19 years. In those years I have become very independent and very able to take care of myself. I have put shelves up in my garage, taken down big trees in the yard, replaced a cracked screen in my computer, dealt with mechanics, plumbers, electricians. I didn't always want to. I wished sometimes I could just hand it over to someone else, but I've been empowered knowing I can do it. Don't let a man do everything for you such as pay bills, know your finances, etc. He may not always be there for one reason or another and you will be up the creek without a paddle in trying to figure out everything he has not shared with you over the years. I expect my man to be my partner, my mentor and I the same for him. In any relationship I would pursue, I expect to be treated as an equal. After all my years in independence and surviving on my own, I could never shrink back to be 'taken care of' without being involved in the household matters and the day to day business of running a house.

Now, that being said, some women like being taken care of 100%. They don't care or want to know about the finances, bills, etc. If that works for you both, then that's fine. If there is anything in your marriage you don't feel comfortable with or want to be included in, I would hope you can communicate that with your husband. I believe in very open communication. He can't read your mind and you can't read his. I am bluntly honest most of the time. I am always polite but I always speak my mind. It's not fair for anyone to not be clear, honest and open with their spouse, co-workers or friends. I have had many people tell me they appreciate my honesty. The silent treatment never solves any issues and only creates bad feelings.

I am currently involved with a man right now. He understands me, respects me, encourages me, supports my decisions. He let's me be me. He cheers me on with my 'projects' and he soothes me when I feel defeated. And he knows my motto, "If I am with a man it's because I want to be, not because I have to be."

17. bubbles_g44

bubbles_g44 New Member

WOW could have put that better myself! Kind of went off the subject tho lol Since you brought it up - what if you came down with a medical condition and it slowed you down and your husband deserted you? Saying that I am self sufficient independent women doing all the things you speak of without relying on anyone for many years. It makes a women proud to take care of herself.