What's wrong with gunbroker?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by rembrant88, Dec 5, 2011.

1. rembrant88

rembrant88 New Member

Anybody else been having problems with gunbroker? I'm new there. They have already charged me five dollars and that was before I even had a chance to verify my bank with them. They flagged it once, I fixed the problem (or so it seemed) and then they flag it again. And they will not get back to me! I don't want to use bad language so I will just say that I am really peeved off right now and use a mad face :mad:. Taking money without providing a service is a big business no no. And they are still taking a dollar a month as it stands. I have had relatives that say they never had problems when they opened their account years ago. So what's going on? Big brother stick a spur to them or what?

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Are you selling or buying?
    I've been with them for a while now (though I have never sold on gunbroker). They have to make a living and they get a commission on items sold or posted.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011

3. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

I have sold many items on there and never had any problems.

4. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

i have bought several items off of there and never been charged a dime by the actual gunbroker site. they do email me a statement from time to time but there is never a balance, always $0.00

i dont recall having to provide any financial info to setup an account either so I cant be sure how or why you got charged or incurred some sort of fee. :confused:

5. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

You can always get in touch with your credit card customer service
    and have them nulled the pending monthly charges.

6. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

7. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

8. rembrant88

rembrant88 New Member

I haven't bought or sold anything yet. It's just getting the thing started that has been so much trouble. And I'm very paranoid when it comes to identity theft. A family friend handles computer security for large corporations and after going through some recent tactics that have been used by hackers it makes me nervous when things like this happen.

Hey! firearmstalk classifieds! Time to check that out.

9. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Uh, I think you may need to up the number of posts first (around 25 posts are needed).

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

I don't use any thing online. Now if you can look and see who is selling and contact them personally, that's what I would do.

I've been completely wiped out of over 8k from someone hacking pay pal. Learned my lesson and thankfully got every red cent back.

11. rembrant88

rembrant88 New Member

I'm sorry to hear that. We all hope it doesn't happen to us but it is becoming more and more prevalent.

I got things worked out with gunbroker, but what a pain. Feels like going through the airport without the pat down.

I guess I'll wait for the 25 posts and maybe use the classifieds. But no rush. I don't want to annoy anybody ;).

12. trip286

trip286 New Member

Just give all the noobs a good FTF welcome! You'll make 25 in no time. Of course keep up the conversation too, everyone feels more comfortable buying from someone they've gotten to know a little.

13. tellmaster207

tellmaster207 New Member

The only thing I don't like about GB is there is no telephone #. I really don't like that. It's an email only format.
    I found a FN-49 that I wanted to ad to my collection a couple weeks ago & I backed out.
    I also had quite a few issues when I was setting up my account. They could have been solved in 3 minutes on the phone. Instead it became a 3 week game of email tag in my spare time.

14. rembrant88

rembrant88 New Member

That sounds familiar. I think a web sight that comes under a natural scrutiny like GB should have better business practices. Even without a number to call.

Just to let you guys know, rembrant88 is what is on my GB account so you know you're buying from this fellow right here :). Don't worry. I'll have good feedback too.