Whats with the search function??

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by jmh21586, Jan 28, 2009.

1. jmh21586

jmh21586 New Member

Why can't I do a search with any words under 4 letters??:mad:

How stupid.

I'm looking for a lower parts kit for an ar 15.

So I cant type in : WTS lower parts kit

Can't use WTS or kit.:mad:

Can't type in for sale. Can't use for.

Can't use ar or 15 either.

I use damn near every gun forum out there and I've never seen anything so stupid.

2. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

AR-15, AR**, lower parts, ATS* kits all work. When searching for terms under 4 letters, use a wildcard (*).

Another way to search, which is far superior, is to use Google and do a site search. It is a better engine than the vB engine that the forum uses.

Take a look at how I did it here: [ame=http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=site%3A+www.firearmstalk.com+%22WTS%22&btnG=Google+Search]site: www.firearmstalk.com "WTS" - Google Search[/ame]

You type "site:www.firearmstalk.com "WTS"" without the outer set of quotation marks. You can see how it was done in the search box.

3. jmh21586

jmh21586 New Member

thank you.

sorry i blew up.

4. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

I can be frustrating to try to use the vB search. Using Google to search a site works really well if you can remember how to use it.

5. SlamFire

SlamFire New Member

Checking this thread, thought maybe 4th Amendment issues . . . two minutes of my life, shot to hell . . .