What's with the gold trigger?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Bohica6-284, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Bohica6-284

Bohica6-284 New Member

So I'm at this sort of country gun auction a few days ago and I realized there is something I just don't get and was shaking my head in wonder about a certain fad. At the same time I wonder if this "fever" is isolated to a particular geographic area within the US or if in fact it's a Demographic fever...or both? If you have some input on this I'm all ears because I just don't get it. What the heck is the big deal about gold triggers on shotguns or rifles? People and even the auctioneer at this auction make it a point to mention the gold trigger on a gun. It's not real gold, it doesn't increase the value or performance of the gun and in fact any trigger can be plated gold with a $20 do it yourself kit at your kitchen table. The Blue Book of gun values doesn't even list this as a feature on most of the guns that I've seen them on. I don't remember paying more for a gun with a gold trigger either...so what's the hype about?

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I do believe it is a browning trade mark.

I think on the right shotgun it looks really good.

My moms Marlin Golden 39A had a gold trigger as part of the GOLDEN part of the name.

I think most of the time The higher end models had a gold trigger just like for your special lady you put gold on her finger.

3. ScottG

ScottG New Member

It's a pimp marketing gimmick....

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Quite a few Brownings had them. Marketing gimmick. Does not add to the performance. Kind of like the Leopold "gold ring" scopes. I have neard many people espouse the vitrues of their Leopold Gold Ring scope. I think all Leopolds have gold rings so they are redundant. Kind of like saying Stainless Steel Smith and Wesson Model 686.

5. ta1588

ta1588 New Member

When paired with a wood stock and perhaps an engraving I think a gold trigger would be quite nice looking.

6. Bohica6-284

Bohica6-284 New Member

I know that some Marlins had them as well as some Brownings, anyway I guess the marketing ploy worked because it stuck! I can't tell you how many times the gold trigger has been mentioned as a valuable feature.

7. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 New Member

Pimping Rifle??

Wait a minuit Scott--You sayen my 39A is a Pimpin Rifle???:eek::p:eek:

8. Bohica6-284

Bohica6-284 New Member

I bet I could make a fortune selling gold trigger necklaces at gun shows and rap concerts!:rolleyes:

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

YOURS is. Mine were made in 1950 and 1954, before the GOLDEN 39A period. Then they just focused on making a good shooting rifle. :p

10. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 New Member

Ok c3

What you're saying is that I have a good shooting Pimping Rifle??:confused::D