whats up with people in movies?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by pontiac163, Mar 8, 2012.

1. pontiac163

pontiac163 New Member

I just watched takers and man like 12 people in a room shoting at each other couldn't hit anyone. Not only pistols but shot guns and an ak47 to? Geez I'm not good but compared to them I'm a pro. Plus they're bullets couldn't even go through a couch.... I can go on and on

2. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

An acquaintance did an investigation of a shoot out a few years ago between PD and couple of BG's. I forget how many rounds were fired, but it was a ridiculous number (IRC 75+), and nobody got hit.

3. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

Ever seen the A-Team? Them guys were supposedly the best the military had and they couldn't hit anything but tires.:sigh:

4. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

I would imagine I would be more scared of saving my own hide than shooting the bad guys even though, ironically, that would save my hide. Ain't it funny how things work?

5. md1911

md1911 New Member

That's funny I was at the range last weekend. 2 city police were there practicing. The both had glock 17's. They were using man size silouate targets. Both fired 10 rds and only got on paper 12 times between the two of them. That was at 50 ft. My 17year old son was SA 22 same distance. Only I shoot at paper plates for targets.

6. pontiac163

pontiac163 New Member

I watched that right afterwards to haha only Guy that was sucssefull was the Guy with the rocket launcher.

7. Win73

Win73 New Member

Yes but they could stop any bullet fired at them including rifles with a plain old thin sheet of corregated roofing!

8. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Ever go paintballing? I used to a lot, and recall one battle in the woods at around 25 yards. We each spent around 3-400 rounds trying to hit each other, then ran out of ammo. It was a rarity, but it gives a good argument for high capacity magazines.